Speedinvest is a leading European venture capital fund for digital startups. With 100M Euro under management, Speedinvest works side-by-side with early-stage entrepreneurs to build great companies. Thanks to our hands-on model, our global partner network and our operations in Vienna, Silicon Valley, Berlin and Munich, we have managed to become one of the main focal points for the European startup community. Speedinvest has successfully invested in companies such as Shpock, Tourradar, Wefox, Bitmovin and Wikifolio.
About Our Graduate/Internship Program
The six- to twelve-month Graduate/Internship Program is a unique opportunity to gain first-hand insights into the startup and venture capital ecosystem and acquire knowledge in strategy and execution. You will work with the investment team and – depending on your academic background, interest and personal fit – either focus on FinTech & InsurTech or DeepTech & Industry or Marketplaces & SaaS startups or work with our pre-seed unit. Internally, you will be an integral part of our investment team, supporting Partners and Associates in all aspects of their work and thus learn the basics of the daily venture capital business. The program will give you the opportunity to work alongside experienced entrepreneurs on projects which will have a real impact on the business world. You will enjoy a great deal of responsibility and will have the possibility to contribute to a number of exciting projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyze and track companies and sectors relevant to our investment thesis.
- Analyze potential target companies’ business models and KPIs and develop coherent financial models.
- Perform due diligence on potential portfolio companies, including commercial, financial and operational analyses.
- Assist Partners and Associates building investment cases for potential deals.
- Participate in weekly investment meetings and regular workshops with entrepreneurs.
- Support portfolio companies on specific projects.
- Assist the team with administrative duties, including fund reporting, pipeline management, applicant feedback, travel schedules, preparation for major events, and other initiatives.
- Strong academic performance and extracurricular involvement. Completion of or in the final stage of completion of a university degree, preferably in finance, natural science or engineering.
- Relevant undergraduate work experience, preferably at a startup, VC or financial institution.
- Excellent analytical skills, commercial acumen and critical thinking ability.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. Fluency in English. Basic knowledge of German is preferred but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated research abilities.
- Strong work ethic and a genuine interest in technology.
- An entrepreneurial ‘can-do’ attitude. You take initiative!
- A high level of self-organization and independence. You possess the ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities and achieve solutions.
- Coding skills are nice to have.
Please send your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Links to websites and resources where we might learn more about you and your passions (personal blog, Twitter, etc.) are highly appreciated.