RET Ventures is an early-stage venture fund in Park City, UT that invests in the real estate industry’s next generation of high-quality technology and service providers. The Fund’s LPs are all large owners of multifamily and single-family rental properties (LPs). While the Fund invests in technology companies that operate across the entire real estate industry, it specifically targets investments in ‘rent tech,’ where it can add the most value by leveraging the value of its LP base. In addition to generating financial returns, RET’s mission is to create tangible value for Fund LPs through portfolio company appreciation and development of superior technology and services that allow LPs to better operate their portfolios.
RET takes a proactive and collaborative approach, involving all members of its investment team in the deal process and portfolio management. We are smart, focused and passionate professionals with deep expertise and a sincere commitment to help entrepreneurs build enduring companies that will help our LPs better operate their businesses. Learn more about us and our investments on our website: http://www.ret.vc.
Who am I?
We’re looking for a smart, motivated, and hard-working MBA student with a passion for investing and technology to join our team this summer. We will consider exceptional undergraduate candidates or recent graduates as well.
- Passion for investing and working with startups
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skill
- Experience in finance, consulting, technology startups, or real estate
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-motivate in an unstructured environment where personal initiative is key
Bonus points for:
- Experience in an investing role (research, diligence, etc.); ideally venture capital, growth equity, or private equity
- Passion for the real estate industry or real estate tech
What will I do?
- Responsibilities will include:
- Screening and tracking of potential investments
- Conducting research projects to map specific areas of interest to RET and our LPs (e.g. home automation, AI, or blockchain)
- Creating and presenting investment memos and supporting analyses
- Participating in pitch meetings and LP calls/meetings
- Opportunity to gain significant responsibility and VC experience
When can I start?
This is a paid internship beginning in June and ending in August or September, but we’re flexible if your schedule dictates otherwise!
How do I apply?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter telling us why you’re right for the job
Questions? Shoot us an email at email@example.com