Ligo Partners is based in Brickell district in Miami, and was founded by Alec Andronikov, a serial entrepreneur and Venture Capitalist, to help bridge the gap between Family Office investment strategies and disruptive tech-focused deal flow.
Ligo Partners’ discrete and invitation-only consortium is today comprised of over 340 family offices and qualified investors – many of whom are located in South Florida – with a combined net worth of $43B+ who are interested in non-traditional investment opportunities they can not easily find elsewhere (think Uber at Series A).
Our investment team sources 40+ potential investments each month on average and selectively curates the top 5 deals monthly, showcased via invite-only dinner events; unique social/cultural experiences; cocktail receptions and monthly curated deal webinars.
We are currently recruiting for a VENTURE CAPITAL INTERNSHIP position for our Miami, FL headquarters, to assist upper management with deal sourcing.
This position is for immediate start remotely until travel/meeting restrictions have been lifted.
We seek people with different backgrounds, experience, and passions, including a variety of academic fields and professions, such as financial services, marketing or data analytics.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for establishing strong relationships with our Family Offices to develop, maintain and execute contracts, and offer a unique opportunity of being involved in all aspects of due diligence on potential investments to be presented to our network of Family Offices (business analysis, industry thesis, competitive landscape, business/pricing model, and financial modeling / deal structuring).
More specifically, the duties and responsibilities involve:
- Deal sourcing from accelerators, seed funds, venture funds, private equity funds, startup founders, and strategics via proactive, outbound business development activities such as: cold-calling and email campaigns
- Pitch decks review and markets/companies assessment to identify compelling businesses to be presented on Ligo Partners’ monthly webinar
- Maintaining of deals pipeline through ongoing relationship management / business development activities
- Build understanding of differences between Ligo Partners and other competitors in the marketplace; calls on new prospects to create awareness of Ligo Partners’ position in the marketplace
- Stay abreast of investments trends through ongoing review of industry publications, periodic published reports and data generated via the Ligo Partners network via email surveys
- Prepares materials for use in business development meetings and other meetings using PowerPoint and other presentation tools
- Investment Committee team support in efforts to create and improve business development processes and functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude, attention to detail with strong organizational skills, analytical thinking, and flexibility.
- Highly analytical, ability to interpret and analyze complex legal documents, deal structuring and financial transactions.
- Manage complex spreadsheets with large amounts of data and advanced functions.
- Capable of articulating written and oral communication for recommendations in a clear and logical manner.
- Take ownership of work product and deliver within tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
Education and relevant experience:
- Working toward Undergraduate or Master’s degree (MS, MBA) in Analytics, Finance, Investment Management or related fields.
- A previous internship or 1-2 years of experience in the field of investments / finance. Family Office, Venture Capital, Asset Management, Investment/Bank, Hedge Fund, Private Equity or Consulting experience appreciated.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Certifications such as ASA, CFA, CPA or CAIA are optional.
Ideal candidate could be:
- Individuals looking to join venture capital and private equity funds
- Individuals who are new hires at VC/PE funds and starting their new job after the program ends
- Angel investors and family offices who seek to professionalize their investment strategies
- Entrepreneurs who want to learn to think like investors
- Experienced professionals who would like to make career transitions. Examples include individuals with 1-3 yrs investment banking and/or consulting experience, individuals who have worked within corporate business development, innovation, or corporate VC, individuals who have worked at a startup and founders of companies
- Individuals at corporations that want to launch their own corporate VC
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Individuals with extraordinary abilities & exceptional achievements: Individuals who have gone against the odds with spectacular success and/or failure, created something from nothing, executed something to a large scale with limited resources, uncovered and leveraged secrets within market dynamics, acted in creative ways and built solutions to hard problems
Ideal Time Commitment:
10 hours a week (3 hours a day for 3 days, ideally Tue-Thu)
Course credit + stipend, depending on level of experience.
To be considered please include the below in your email:
- Candidate’s own profile summary in 150 words (or less)
- Five (or less) bullet-points with candidate’s sourcing hacks (how s/he will find great companies and even better investors to back them); all in 300 words (or less)
- A short investment recommendation memo, any structure, on one real early stage startup (not necessarily in fundraising mode, but definitely super exciting); the memo should have solid reasoning and should be considered as a final document for the fund’s Investment Committee
If interested, please apply here.