Assist in developing operative blueprints by designing the marketing, pricing and operational structures needed to commercialize new products and ventures for Daimler. During your internship, you will work with and be mentored by other Lab1886 Venture Architects, and you will take responsibility for specific components of a venture.
We are looking for recent graduates of masters or MBA programs, with experience in either management consulting, investment banking, venture capital/private equity, or transaction advisory. The 3 to 6 month internship program will allow interns to gain valuable experience to work on one of our current ventures. Individuals between a bachelor and master’s program will be considered, assuming they have experience in one of the areas outlined above.
As a Venture Architect Intern, you will need:
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams (preferred) and/or experience with a top-tier consulting firm, technology firm, VC fund, PE fund (w/ tech focus), or transaction advisory practice (w/ tech focus)
- Abilities planning, prioritizing and organizing work effectively and efficiently within a team
- Creative problem solving skills
- 1+ years’ experience with strategy development, business planning and go-to-market strategy definition and execution, as well as quantitative and financial modeling
As a Venture Architect intern, you will use your skills to:
- Define venture structure and help stand up new companies
- Analyze markets and trends in the industry and identify current best practices and market leaders
- Size the existing customer market, as well as identify trends and relative positioning
- Analyze start-up deal flow to understand imminent disruptions and identify tech acceleration opportunities
- Establish key performance indicators for venture outcomes while also defining the business model and case for new ventures, products and services
- Define the business model options, economic model, business plan and case for new ventures, products and services
- Test and validate assumptions while creating a sensitivity analysis for key drivers
- Assess internal capabilities and capacities to develop a sourcing strategy
- Create the framing report (an overview/explanation of the project scope, objective and hypothesis) for new initiatives
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define a minimum viable business build (or product / service)
- Create go-to-market strategies and help execute on them through collaboration with Lab1886 and venture partner growth teams
Additional Valued Capabilities Include:
- Design or product development expertise including prototyping and testing
- Exposure to Venture Capital
- Demonstrated leadership across innovation, product development, incubation and commercialization
If interested, please apply here.