Our internship program is focused on nurturing the future leaders of the startup and venture capital ecosystems. We see this playing out in a few different ways:
Education: Throughout the program, we aim to provide our interns with the resources they need to succeed. From hands-on experience in meetings with founders to performing due diligence, we believe that the best way to learn is by doing. Along the way, we will host workshops to help our interns understand the industry from sourcing investments to venture math.
Networking: Our interns will be responsible for branding themselves as someone who can connect startup founders to investors. As their networks get stronger, they’ll find it opening doors for them long after the program.
Experience: At the end of the day, you’re here to learn. We want to give you a hands-on experience that you’ll never forget. Be prepared to get involved in every aspect of the venture business.
We understand that your focus is on school, where it should be. Our program is flexible around your schedule. We are a distributed team so we do not have an office that you need to come to. We ask for a time commitment of at least 3 hours per week. As with every experience in life: the more you give to it, the more you get from it. We have a lot of ground to cover and request that you apply only if you can make it work.
As an intern at Ground Up Ventures, you will:
- Source investment opportunities and perform due diligence
- Assist with marketing and branding projects
- Support Ground Up’s portfolio companies
This isn’t our first rodeo. Here’s what students from previous cohorts said about their internship experience:
- “This program introduced me to an incredible network of motivated, innovative, and entrepreneurial students and not only gave me the opportunity to meet highly talented venture partners but build a strong and clear understanding of what it looks like to work in VC.”- Student @ University of Maryland
- “I think this program is a phenomenal way for students to engage with the community around them and get direct exposure to so many different areas. The experience to speak directly with entrepreneurs is really valuable.”- Student @ Wharton
- “Great network of peers, very supportive general partners and head of platform. Educational sessions are fantastic” — Student @ University of Washington
Did I mention that our interns go on to do incredibly cool things? Many are now working at firms such as Morgan Stanley, BlackRock, Dataminr, Equal Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and First Round Capital.
Our ideal intern is a university student who is connected to the entrepreneurial community on-campus and loves geeking out about tech and startups. If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you!
- Gain hands-on experience at a global venture capital firm
- Immerse yourself in the startup and venture capital ecosystems
- Network with like-minded students across the United States and Israel
Venture Capital and Private Equity
- About Us
We invest in pre-seed and seed stage startups in the United States and Israel.
If interested, please apply here.