Founded in 1972, Equinor is an international energy company, with operations in more than 30 countries and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide. Our purpose is to bring energy to a growing population while creating value for our shareholders and the communities where we operate.
Building on over 40 years of experience on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a safe, secure, responsible, and efficient manner through innovative technology and business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Some of our most exciting development work is taking place in the United States, one of our key innovation hubs. Our onshore shale oil and gas operations involve finding solutions to new challenges, while our expertise in operating at significant offshore depths is constantly being refined and developed.
Development and Production International (DPI) is responsible for Equinor’s portfolio of producing assets and planned field developments in all countries outside Norway and Brazil. DPI’s intent is to build and grow a competitive international portfolio – always safe, high value and low carbon. DPI’s operates across six continents and implements rigorous safety standards, technological innovations and environmental awareness. For US locations, we can leave in the part about US office locations, and in that regard I would change to- Development and Production International (DPI) is responsible for Equinor’s portfolio of producing assets and planned field developments in all countries outside Norway and Brazil. DPI’s intent is to build and grow a competitive international portfolio – always safe, high value and low carbon. DPI’s operates across six continents and implements rigorous safety standards, technological innovations and environmental awareness. Equinor’s North American locations include Houston, TX, Austin, TX, Williston, ND, Stamford, CT, Washington D.C., as well as Calgary, St Johns and Mexico City.
Equinor Technology Ventures (ETV) is looking for an intern who will work with ETV’s Houston team. ETV is Equinor’s corporate venture unit focusing on oil and gas related investments in startup companies. The team consists of 14 experienced investment professionals in Norway and the U.S. ETV has been an active venture investor since the 1990s and enjoys a very solid track record both in terms of implementation and financial returns.
The Houston team is looking for an enthusiastic intern who can participate and contribute in several parts of the venture investment process. The tasks are expected to be the following-
- Meet with startup companies in search of venture capital
- Perform market analysis on investment opportunities
- Update financial models in excel, e.g. capitalization tables, transaction records, valuations and exit scenarios
- Take part in investment due diligence
- Contribute to internal investment presentations and decision memorandums
- Participate in the ETV team’s investment decision meetings
- Engage in discussions with Equinor technical experts, to analyze startups from a technical point of view and establish the attractiveness of technology implementations within Equinor’s operations
At the end of the internship the intern will be expected to deliver a final report and a presentation to the ETV investment team, summarizing his/her experiences and learnings and recommendations to the team. The team will assist and coach the intern in this work.
The right candidate will display several, but not necessary all, of the following experience and personal qualities-
- BS or MS level educational technical and/or financial background
- Strong command of the English language, both oral and written
- Strong interest both in the technical aspects of oil and gas exploration and production, and the financial disciplines including corporate finance and company valuation methods
- Eager to gain and combine learnings from diverse disciplines and settings
- Structured and well organized
- Analytical with strong communication skills
- An active listener
If interested, please apply here.