We have an existing portfolio of 21 businesses and have just raised a new £60m fund to invest in c. 30 seed-stage companies across the UK.
We are opening up a new Investment Intern role, offering a hands-on education in venture capital and the chance to become an integral part of our investing team.
For an exceptional candidate who is passionate about the world of startups and technology investing, this is an exciting opportunity to pivot into Venture Capital and gain hands-on experience.
Over the course of your internship (up to you on the length of time – between 3-12 months based on your availability), you will immerse yourself in technology businesses and the VC investment process, whilst supporting the team to make great investment decisions.
The main areas of focus are:
- DealFlow – scanning the market for opportunities for future investments. You will:
- Help find the best businesses to invest in at seed stage
- Create new sourcing channels and further develop existing ones
- Analyse potential investments opportunities
- Be an ambassador for the firm at various industry networking events
- Get out there and build relationships.
- Industry Analysis – requires the ability to research markets and industries for the investment team. You will:
- Help us analyze markets and startup ecosystems of interest
- Help us form a picture of the market and the potential for a startup to fundamentally reshape it, e.g.
- Prepare competitor analysis on existing and emerging companies
- Help us make the decisions on which businesses we should invest in – and why!
We are looking for a keen, smart and passionate person dedicated to learning whilst turbo charging our investment process.
This is a truly exciting role both for your development as well as your ability to impact Episode 1 and the businesses that we choose to invest in.
- Are a self starter with drive, hustle and ambition to succeed.
- Are naturally curious about new technologies, new business models and new industries.
- Thrive in a high-paced, small and fairly unstructured environment.
- Have strong opinions that you enjoy defending and are a great communicator.
- Are meticulous and thorough in your research, while able to effectively multi-task.
- Are able to build rapport and strong relationships quickly.
This is a rare opportunity to pivot into Venture Capital for a candidate with experience working in a parallel industry, e.g.:
- Product or operational experience in a technology company
- Started a business but it failed and/ or you exited (ie, experienced entrepreneur)
- A university graduate or an MBA student, with proven entrepreneurial flare and a demonstrated interest in technology / investing
What you get in return:
The team at Episode 1 work in a collegiate, autonomous and truth-seeking culture where the most important thing is finding and supporting our investee companies to succeed. Other than learning how to be a great Venture Capitalist, you will also receive:
- A competitive internship salary (c.£25k per annum pro-rata)
- Superb central London location, right by Tottenham Court Road tube station
Opportunities for paid development internships in this space are rare. If this opportunity sounds exciting and if you meet the requirements above then please apply by clicking the link below and completing the application form.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If interested, please apply here.