This role is designed to provide hands on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards of the organization, allowing an opportunity for individuals to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting.
The CUNA Mutual Financial Group (CMFG) Ventures role will allow intern to learn the basics of corporate venture capital through CUNA Mutual Group’s venture capital arm. Intern will gain experience in deal sourcing, execution, and portfolio management.
- Conduct research and market scans for areas of investment interest for CMFG Ventures
- Develop investment theses and strategies around future investments
- Support due diligence activities for ventures investments
- Develop strategies for investment document and portfolio company document management
- Maintain document repositories for CMFG Ventures
- Support CMFG Ventures marketing and public relations activities
- Assist in developing marketing and public relations strategy
- Create speaker materials and PowerPoint decks for CMFG Ventures speaking engagements
- Research industry conferences and events and provide recommendations on which events the team should target as a part of its public relations strategy
- Manage CMFG Ventures social media accounts
- Compose correspondence, emails
- Prepare written reports/projects
- Attend and participate in meetings and calls
- Support CUNA Mutual Group M&A activity as needed
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Marketing – preference for both
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Exhibit confidence while engaging with senior-level executives and industry veterans
- Comfort communicating face-to-face, as well as via phone
- Experience in social media and/or marketing strategy preferred
- General understanding of investing preferred
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
If interested, please apply here.