- Assist in the evaluation of potential candidate technology companies through research, data gathering, and analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of investment cases of potential candidate technology companies for CME Ventures’ Leadership and Investment Committee’s decision-making process.
- Assist in the review and performance reporting of existing CME Ventures portfolio companies.
- Assist in the creation of reports and input updates to internal data stores.
- Develop understanding of Venture Capital investment.
- Develop understanding of key products and business functions within CME Group.
Skills / Software Requirements
- Prior work-experience or leadership roles in extra-curricular activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiarity with Pitchbook, Crunchbase, CapitalIQ and/or Bloomberg terminal is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
- Excellent research skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Highly-analytical, detail-oriented individual who is self-motivated to learn more about the financial services industry.
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS or Masters/Advanced Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
Location: Chicago, IL
We OfferAs the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( http://www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day.
- The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
- The most advanced trading technology;
- Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
- A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
- A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.