Capital Sports Ventures (CSV) is a boutique investment and advisory firm based in Arlington, VA that focuses on sports and endurance events. This Internship Program will focus on supporting the two large-scale, mass-participation bike events that CSV owns and operates. The fourth annual DC Bike Ride (dcbikeride.com) is scheduled to take place this Spring on Saturday, May 18, 2019 in Washington, DC and the third annual Dallas Bike Ride (dallasbikeride.com) will take place next fall in November 2019 in Dallas, Texas. This internship will be located in the CSV office in Arlington, VA.
DC Bike Ride and Dallas Bike Ride are premier car-free 20-mile bike rides throughout the urban cities of Washington, DC and Dallas. The inaugural bike event, DC Bike Ride, took place on May 22, 2016 with 7,000+ riders. The bike events bring the region together to celebrate the community and life on two wheels.
Along with actively investing in the sports and lifestyle industry, CSV offers advisory services to a select number of clients. CSV was established in 2013 and currently has a staff of four. For more information on our portfolio, visit http://www.capitalsportsventures.com.
The Business Development Intern will support the CSV team in engaging new and existing strategic partners to drive business value for CSV, DC Bike Ride and Dallas Bike Ride. The intern will support the creation and expansion of corporate relationships at local, regional and national levels for DC Bike Ride and new business for CSV; develop creative marketing solutions for various types of partners that meet and enhance their business objectives; and exhibit the high-touch professionalism that reflects the culture of CSV.
Interns will have ownership of their own projects and manage these projects from start to finish. This intern position will work closely with CSV’s Managing Director, Marketing Director, and Event Marketing Coordinator. This position will report to the Marketing Director and is an unpaid position. Interns must receive academic credit and provide documentation from a university of approval to receive credit. Timing for the Fall 2019 internship program is approximately early January through mid May. CSV will work with intern to establish a flexible weekly schedule that accommodates his or her class schedule.
- Support the business development process for CSV (investment prospects and advisory clients) and both DC Bike Ride and Dallas Bike Ride (sponsors, festival exhibitors, partners and new markets)
- Assist with presentation creation for business development pitches and actively contribute ideas to business strategy brainstorms
- Work closely with CSV staff on prospecting new business and new markets for DC Bike Ride and Dallas Bike Ride as well as supporting current partners to create long-term business relationships
- Create sponsor and partner deliverable checklists and track progress for both parties in meeting deliverables
- Assist with DC Bike Ride event recap process, including rider experience survey, partner/exhibitor recaps, and overall event recaps and reports
- Assist with website development, creative design and content creation
- Assist with DC Bike Ride event planning, logistics and business operations
- Assist with general event logistics and research, when needed
- Assist with investment due diligence and research, when needed
- Share a passion for our vision and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and able to succeed in a close-knit startup environment
- Organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A background and knowledge of sports or events is recommended, but not necessary
- Knowledge of and interest in WordPress, Visual Composer, WP Engine, Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator is preferred, but not necessary
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher with a focus on Business Administration, Marketing/Advertising, Communication, Event Management or another related degree is preferred
If interested, please apply here.