DRW Venture Capital group makes investments in companies that are uniquely positioned to benefit from the deep domain expertise that our firm provides in technology and in the capital markets. The team is focused on identifying and investing in strong and growing businesses with quality management teams and scalable products. Our investment approach is flexible and allows us to invest in debt, equity and structured securities. Our current portfolio includes ~25+ companies including OpenFin, Droit, Pico, Solarflare, Metamako and Digital Asset Holdings.
Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.We are seeking an Investment Analyst Intern. The chosen candidate will have meaningful exposure to private company investing. This internship will propel your career opportunities forward and significantly enhance your investing acumen. In addition to a summer of meaningful work, you’ll have plenty of time to explore the city with organized social events to make the most of your 10 weeks here.What you’ll do in this role…
- Collaborate with investment team to research and uncover investment opportunities
- Underwrite and evaluate investments based risk and return fundamentals
- Assist with deal structuring and the evaluation of term sheets
- Prepare discounted cash flow analyses, competitive market analyses and development model analyses for current and pipeline opportunities
- Join meetings with current and pipeline company management teams and co-investors
- Assist in the preparation of pitch decks for pipeline opportunities and follow-on investments in current portfolio companies
You’ll be right at home if you have…
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics, accounting, or liberal arts graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- A strong passion for quantitatively and qualitatively evaluating investment opportunities in the private company and venture capital landscape
- Limitless curiosity about business models, competitive dynamics and innovation
- An interest in diving deep in more than one investment category, gaining exposure to companies across the financial technology landscape including cryptocurrency, trading platforms, data businesses and technology companies.
- Passion for high quality work and the ability to relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
- An interest in pursuing personal and professional growth by learning new principles
- Excellent behavioral and communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office — specifically PowerPoint and Excel
If interested, please apply here.