Point72 Ventures (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is an early-stage venture capital group funded exclusively by Steve Cohen. We invest in entrepreneurs who are transforming the global financial services industry through advanced technologies, and leverage our world class network across the industry to help our portfolio companies connect with customers and partners.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a passionate Associate to join the Ventures FinTech team to help identify and source early stage investments in world-class startups. Our team has a deep understanding of the financial services landscape and helps our companies achieve and exceed their goals to change an industry. As an Associate, you will learn the inefficiencies that challenge financial services through rigorous research and by working with our network of domain experts from across the industry and leverage this knowledge to identify and diligence the highest potential startups. Expect to work alongside the leading technologists, business leaders and entrepreneurs in the industry on a daily basis.
When you join our team you will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct financial, business and technology due diligence including meeting with company management teams; progress deals from first meeting to deal close
- Analyze investments producing clear and concise investment theses and memos
- Develop financial models to project market size, investment returns and valuations
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis within sub-sectors of financial services
- Become a specialist over time in multiple verticals within the fintech space to understand trends and recommend investment opportunities
- Directly support senior investment team members to evaluate and diligence opportunities
- Support team with quarterly reporting of portfolio performance
- Utilize industry leading technology and data to gain insight and opportunity
- Have a demonstrated passion for emerging trends in technology and financial services
- Be inquisitive and analytical in distilling big abstract ideas into thoughtful insights
- Demonstrate intuition through research and critical thinking; draw conclusions from imperfect information
- Show excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with business partners and clearly articulate ideas to gain buy-in
- Excel at networking and demonstrate ability to build strong relationships from first impression to long-term business partnerships
- Have venture capital, banking, consulting or similar experience required; preferably focused in financial services or technology
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
- Understand company performance and display an excellent ability to build financial models
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 is a global asset management firm led by Steven Cohen that uses Discretionary Long/Short, Macro, and Systematic strategies to invest in eight offices across the globe. We look for people who want to build a career with us – people who want to innovate, experiment, and be the best at what they do – while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
If interested, please apply here.