PepsiCo Ventures’ role is to manage the strategic corporate venture capital program of PepsiCo. PepsiCo Ventures’ mission is to invest globally in early stage and high-growth companies, to educate the PepsiCo organization on the companies capabilities, the consumer space, and to accelerate the development of the companies for a potential later stage acquisition. PepsiCo Ventures aims are to be a leading value-adding strategic investor in the global consumer venture capital community.
PepsiCo’s Ventures Group is seeking a candidate for a Principal role to support in the success of Ventures Group’s short and long term objectives. We need a bright, self-starting, innovative thinker who is passionate about what they do and the impact they can achieve. The Principal role will report to the Managing Director of PepsiCo Ventures.
Qualified candidates will have outstanding analytical, communication, and organizational impact skills. Candidates must be able to solve complex business problems, identify profit growth opportunities, work in team-oriented environments, and interact frequently with senior level executives.
We are looking for someone:
- With a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and investing
- Who can hit the ground running in our consumer focused operating spaces
- Who can develop and maintain external relationships and connect with internal leadership
- Who understands how to drive revenue and manage a P&L
- With strong critical thinking skills and creativity
Responsibilities/Capabilities To Include:
- Being a leader and representative for the PepsiCo Ventures Group
- Operationalizing the portfolio and pipeline/business development strategy
- Building a strong ecosystem of VCs, angel investors, entrepreneurs, and industry thought leaders to support deal flow
- Building a robust pipeline of high-potential early to mid-stage companies
- Participate in stage-gating decisions for new investments and contribute to opportunity prioritization, negotiating positions and diligence planning
- Building trust-based relationships with founders and management teams of target companies such that PepsiCo is positioned as a partner of choice and given preferential access to investment opportunities
- Review term sheets for new investments. Review Investment Memoranda for recommendation of investments to Investment Committee
- Executing due diligence, executing deals and structuring investments while also partnering with PepsiCo business units to assess the unique value proposition offered by target, as well as the ways in which PepsiCo can add value to the emerging business
- Formalizing criteria for “readiness” of investments to move through the portfolio pipeline for increased levels of investment or outright acquisition
- Partnering with investment companies on range of business activities to support their mission and objectives with an eye on long term PepsiCo interests
The minimum requirements are:
- MBA degree
- Significant experience (Senior Associate, VP or Principal level) sourcing investment opportunities at a Venture Capital fund in the consumer goods space
- Proven track record of sourcing, evaluating and closing deals
- Excellent finance and accounting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please apply here.