See how we’re embracing the challenges of tomorrow!
New visions. New strategies. New products. Capturing tomorrow’s opportunities means embracing disruption and transformation today. We’re dedicated to investing in emerging high-growth technologies across a range of industries. We focus on investments that improve Koch’s core capabilities as well as those that create entire new platforms poised to change society for the better. Koch Disruptive Technologies (KDT) is seeking a Director who will be responsible for evaluating and completing new financial investments in high growth companies.
Develop, own and manage these key capabilities:
- Opportunity screening: Effectively frame-up new investment opportunities, and continually upgrading KDT’s screening framework; expand industry and market knowledge to efficiently screen investments across a broad number of industries; build relationships with the analytical capabilities at leading investment organizations
- Point of view (POV) development: Continually upgrade KDT’s point of view capability to efficiently identify and analyze industry sectors for quality, fit and portfolio risk optimization; develop relationships with external resources for due diligence and POV development
- Decision Making Framework: Ensure timely and high-quality decision framing; seek alignment with the risk profile of KII shareholders
- Diligence process management: Apply internal and external resources to perform due diligence with integrity, efficiency, certainty and confidentiality; support deal structuring with tailored solutions competitive with a customer’s alternatives
- Scientific method / historical deal learnings: Develop and own the knowledge systems that facilitate learning and continuous improvement in KDT’s operating capabilities (e.g. transaction structuring and diligence, option thinking, etc.)
Provide support to these key capabilities: KDT’s investment portfolio creation and management, including optimizing risk; ensure resource prioritization and support to the KII Network
Collaborate with Koch Equity Development and other KII business development teams in expanding and improving KDT’s market and economic analysis capabilities; seek to develop and apply best practices
Applying Market Based Management (MBM) in interactions with portfolio companies including offering problem solving solutions to help scale and accelerate the business
Role – Origination Support: As an extension of the market and economic analysis capability, support the KDT team in identifying new investments and expanding KDT’s relationship networks in a way that develops a differentiated brand and a “first look” at investments.
What You Will Need To Bring With You (Requirements):
- 3+ years of experience in private equity, investment banking, venture capital, or other investment organizations
- 3+ years of experience in due diligence process/project management
- 3+ years of experience with high-quality deliverables and decision framing, including financial and market analysis, scenarios and key drivers analysis, and innovative approaches to visualization
What Will Put You Ahead (Preferred):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Business or a related field
- Experience supervising, selecting, and developing high-performing teams
- Experience in technology related industries (robotics, software, industrial automation, healthcare, etc.)
- Experience in early or growth stage investing
- Established relationship network and ability to originate deals high-quality investment opportunities
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
If interested, please apply here.