Artificial intelligence and machine learning are poised to fundamentally transform nearly every industry. Organizations need to understand what AI means for their business and access the expertise required to develop and implement AI solutions. Element AI is one of the world’s leading applied AI research companies. We give large organizations unparalleled access to cutting-edge research, delivered through strategic engagements, custom applications built on our platform, and turn-key products.
As the Director, Venture Initiatives, working with the Corporate Development team and reporting to the Co-Heads of Corporate Development, you will be responsible for leading the execution of the Fund and Startup partnership strategy for Element AI. This strategy spans venture/technology investments at Series-A+ on a strategic basis to managing our participation in corporate investment initiatives through our AI Alliance Funds and the Element AI Business Network. You will bring to the team a background in venture investing, track record in partnership building, a strong financial acumen, an analytical mindset, entrepreneurial spirit and consultative approach to problem solving . This is a unique opportunity to learn about the business and technical sides of the most important technology in a generation. We are looking an outstanding candidate in either Montreal or Toronto.
On a Daily Basis, You Will
- Analyze the company’s strategic objectives and identify, recommend and pursue technologies and companies that can meet those investment objectives
- Support the Investment/Partnership deal structuring and execution process from market analysis, target identification, deal negotiation, due diligence and integration
- Build Element AI’s strategic partner program in a manner consistent with the long-term strategy of the company with a specific mandate for revenue generation, supported by Corporate Development
- Create detailed financial / valuation models to support decision-making, including comparable valuation, DCF, and investment modeling
- Analyze market and internal data to identify trends/opportunities, develop strategic options based on the insights synthesized from the data analyzed, and create compelling presentations identifying key business implications and recommendations to senior leadership and functional teams
- Work directly on special projects and/or strategic initiatives being driven by executive leadership as required and take on additional tasks as necessary that help Element AI position itself as a market leader
- Work with our business and institutional partners to support the local AI ecosystem
You want to join us because you are passionate about:
- Project management;
- Learning and teaching;
We Want You To Join Us Because You Are/have
- Undergraduate degree and Master’s degree (MBA preferred);
- At least 15+ years’ experience in the consulting, venture capital, business development, mergers and acquisitions experience, with oversight of such functions
- Able to lead high-performing business and technical teams
- Flexible and self-motivated, with a passion for action in ambiguous environments
- A leader who is always looking for opportunities to help their team and partners develop
- Agile thinker who quickly understands new domains and identifies opportunities to apply existing knowledge
- Able to engage effectively with senior business leaders and act as a bridge to clearly communicate the value of complex technologies
- Organized with efficient time management skills and the ability to prioritize your own and others’ work
What We Offer For Your Valuable Work
- A highly dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team;
- An open and inclusive company culture;
- Worldwide competitive salary;
- Participation in the company success through the Employee Stock Option Plan;
- Participation in company employee benefits program;
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Autonomous, self-managed Agile teams.
If interested, please apply here.