DMGT is looking for a talented Director to build and run a new venture arm for its US business-to-business (B2B) portfolio. We need an individual with prior venture capital experience to focus on early stage investing in the InsurTech, EdTech, Energy, Property Technology, and Media sectors, focused on B2B business models.
DMGT’s sectors are undergoing rapid and exciting changes. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that has unique insights into these changes, existing business footprints to leverage and capital to commit to capture investment opportunities presented by market disruption.
A typical day in the life of the B2B Venture Director will include:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the current business models and drivers for DMGT’s businesses in the Risk, EdTech, Energy, Property and Media B2B sectors
- Understand what are the greatest existing assets at each business today – e.g. data, channel, unique expertise – and analyse both the defensibility and the competitive environment for these strengths for the foreseeable future
- For each business, work with the DMGT leadership and the business leaders to develop theses re.: potential risk factors for disruption
- Develop an ‘outside the tent’ thesis for each sector in terms of how the ecosystem will evolve and where the largest opportunity to create value will be
- Understand leading edge technologies such as AI/ML, Blockchain, VR/AR, IoT and similar sufficiently to be able to apply those as overlays to spotting risks and opportunities in the DMGT portfolio as well as to aid in spotting potential corporate development or business development opportunities.
- Map all the above to develop a plan for where the ‘huntable white spaces’ are, in terms of acquirable or investable businesses, talent and/or technologies that could either enhance our own entities through acquisitions, merge with our entities, or in the case of ones that we fear may supersede our entities, seek to invest or acquire those as independent standalones.
- Conduct due-diligence on short-listed investments and structure deals
- Monitor and evaluate B2B venture investments
This job might be for you if:
- At least 5-8 years experience in investment banking and/or PE – must have experience in structuring deals
- Experience or contacts in the VC world
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to rollup sleeves and navigate a complex organization
Once you land this position, you’ll get to enjoy:
- A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A challenging, hands on role that will have a real impact on DMGT’s business
- Competitive compensation
- The opportunity to launch a long-term career within DMGT
If interested, p lease apply here.