Vistara Capital Partners provides highly flexible debt and equity financing solutions to growth stage technology companies across North America. Managed and funded by seasoned technology finance and operating executives, “Vistara” (sanskrit for “Expansion”) is focused on enabling the growth and expansion of companies it partners with through a series of private limited partnerships. Vistara was founded in 2015, and is actively investing through its latest Vistara Technology Growth Fund III LP launched recently in 2018. Further information is available at http://www.vistaracapital.com
We are hiring for the key role of Associate – a core member of Vistara’s investment team based in Vancouver. We are seeking an individual that embraces a diverse role in an entrepreneurial organization where they will gain exposure to technology company transactions and private fund management.
Investment Evaluation & Execution:
- Assisting the team in identifying and evaluating prospective investment opportunities
- Assisting with financial and strategic analysis of prospective investments, including stress-testing financial models and general due diligence efforts
- Assisting team in developing investment theses, funding proposals and drafting investment memos
Portfolio Company Monitoring & Strategic Initiatives:
- Assisting with monthly and other periodic monitoring of investee companies, and liaising with portfolio company reporting staff and management as required
- Supporting deal sourcing activities of the investment team
- Creating and updating investment valuations and fund return models & projections
Operations / Other:
- Coordinating (not directly preparing) periodic investor reporting materials with Vistara’s outsourced accounting / administration group and auditors for each of Vistara’s Funds under management
- Assisting internal financial planning and execution, including cash management, coordination of investor distributions, and usage of credit facilities
- Optimizing custom features and providing reporting from CRM, portfolio tracking, internal & external communications through technology tools used by the team
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 4-10 years of experience in roles such as: Investment or credit analyst (ideally at an investment fund and/or with a technology focus); Professional services – for example audit/assurance before additional roles such corporate finance, transaction services, or consulting; Finance, treasury, operations or corporate development at an operating company (ideally a technology company)
- Accounting designation (CPA / CA) is an asset, but is not required
- Additional financial (e.g. CBV, CFA) or systems designations an asset, but is not required
- Familiarity with aspects of the technology industry, venture / growth capital is an asset, but not required
- Strong analytical skills – translating voluminous and imperfect data into valuable and actionable information
- Operational mindset – someone who seeks opportunities to optimize processes and productivity, especially through technology
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel) required; experience with other technology systems including CRM, collaboration and communication programs an asset but not a requirement
- Highly organized, able to prioritize
- Driven with ability to work as a core member of a small entrepreneurial team
- Proactively solicits opinions and ideas. Curious and enthusiastic to learn and grow.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and are eager to pursue this unique ground floor opportunity with a leading technology investment fund, please apply through LinkedIn including a cover letter, or alternatively send your application (in confidence) to email@example.com by October 26, 2018.
We appreciate all submissions, however, only those candidates chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
If interested, please apply here.