Vista Equity Partners seeks a Business Development Associate for our outbound proprietary deal sourcing strategy. Using a data and metrics driven approach, this person will proactively identify and engage executives at leading software companies that may be investment opportunities for the fund. Working closely under the Director of Business Development, with peer Associates and the investment team, the Business Development Associate will play an integral role in the sourcing success of the fund. The right candidate will have a passion for building relationships while working at the intersection of technology and finance; be self-motivated and organized, with a high degree of initiative; and enjoy leveraging a systematic approach to results.
This role is based in Austin, TX and is for an immediate start.
- Maintain coverage of hundreds of companies, broken down by geography and verticals
- Create thematic driven investment theses to identify and vet new potential investments within enterprise software
- Partner with investment professionals to identify companies of interest
- Map organizations to identify key influencers and decision makers
- Build relationship networks to gain access to decision makers and key industry contacts
- Leverage research to prepare for meetings to thoughtfully engage with senior executives and business owners qualify for meetings for senior investment professionals
- BS/BA required; prefer related field such as finance or business
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant professional experience such as software sales, PE / VC, consulting, or investment banking
- Commercially facing and/or direct sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of success and accountability
- High degree of personal and professional maturity
- Competitive with a strong desire to achieve goals in a team environment
- Motivated to use data and a programmatic approach to continuously improve processes and results
- Expertise or willingness to acquire knowledge of B2B enterprise software
- Intellectually curious with high intellectual horsepower
- Coachable, resilient, personable, and self-aware
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM
- Candidate must be willing to travel
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $52 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista’s investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.
IF interested, please apply here.