Unknown is investing and creating exciting emerging market opportunities. Our goal is pushing innovation in the live entertainment, biosciences, technology start-up and real estate spaces.
Based in Austin, TX with subsidiaries across North America, Unknown Ventures is investing in innovative businesses for the communal good.
- Biosciences: Product manufacturing | Denver, CO
- Live Entertainment: Music and arts festivals and large event production | Austin, TX
- Real Estate: Unique land and commercial real estate opportunities | Texas Region
- Finance: Providing growth capital to profitable businesses | US Region
- Technology: Seed funding to early-stage technology services | US Region
Venture Capital Associate
We are currently seeking an associate to serve as a key member of the investment team. You will be responsible for sourcing new deals for us and for supporting those that are already in the works. This position would be full time and will have the option to work remotely and work out of our downtown office a few days per week according to our COVID policy.
This person will help Unknown Ventures source, diligence, invest and assist the next cohort of world-changing property investments. Associates at Unknown will report to the two partners and would be involved in all aspects of the business.
To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, deadline-oriented, quick to respond to new tasks, know which questions to ask in order to get the job done, have great time management skills and be able to act with little guidance. Financial modeling experience is a plus.
- Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business and investment needs
- Develop relationships with prospective clients, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Partner with sales teams to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to potential shareholders
- Become a subject matter expert on our business products, processes and operations, and remain up-to-date on industry news
- Analyze current and past financial data, such as sales reports, and provide strategies to cut costs and increase revenue.
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Create and improve proposals for our existing and new clients.
- Ability to reach investment targets
- Develop and deliver pitches for potential investors.
- Basic financial modeling skills
- Experience with word-processing software and spreadsheets (e.g. MS Office), Excel, GSuite
- Knowledge of online calendars and scheduling (e.g. Google Calendar)
- Excellent phone, email and instant messaging communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Great leadership skills.
- Top-notch analytical skills — you must have an eye for detail!
- High ticket, high-intensity sales
If interested, please apply here.