UHG Ventures is pioneering a new category of venture capital by starting up and funding scale businesses committed to driving disruptive, systemic change in the health care system. The UHG Ventures team operates as an independent fund of UnitedHealth Group while leveraging strategic dynamics to accelerate and advance investments. Our investments catalyze health care system changes that improve health outcomes, reduce medical costs, and create operating efficiencies for the health care system.
The Associate role is responsible for supporting operations in Venture’s portfolio businesses as well as advancing the investment process in new business concepts. The role is a launching point to opportunities in the investment team as well as management roles in portfolio companies.
- Work with Managing Directors and Principals to develop and fund new business platforms
- Translate business strategies and tactics into financial models that drive investment decisions and reflect expectations
- Conduct market research and analyses in conjunction with the investment process
- Quantify positive impact to the overall health system – inclusive of payers, employers, providers and consumers
- Partner with portfolio company management to support annual strategic planning, financial and operational business processes
- Support quarterly and annual budgeting/forecasting processes
- Work with management and board to create financial “bridge” to meet and exceed expectations
- Report company performance to UHG Ventures management and suggest strategic/operational approaches to improve performance and remediate issues
- Attend quarterly board meetings
- Support platform and “add on” acquisition screening, due diligence and integration
- Maintain and develop internal/external business partner relationships, including those with co-investors, business advisors, corporate development, accountants, lawyers and consultants
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or similar area
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, management consulting, private equity, venture capital or equivalent
- Expert skills in MS Excel, valuation and modeling with LBO, DCF, and multiples’ analysis
- 2+ years of experience demonstrating strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills
- 2+ years of experience in thinking creatively and being hands-on in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- 2+ years of experience demonstrating verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint presenting to VP, SVP (C-Suite level)
As the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, we’re used to setting the pace for change. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like. Join us today and start doing your life’s best work.SM
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow. Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we’re doing a lot of good. Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we’re building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we’re looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant – and built for speed. Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If interested, please apply here.