We are seeking Investment Analysts / Associates / Interns in our Venture Capital practice of a high growth FinTech start-up. The Associates will work closely with the Managing Director and Portfolio Managers to assist with due diligence of potential private market investment opportunities, financial modeling, portfolio monitoring and evaluation.
The ideal candidate will have on opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the venture capital asset class and an extensive network and relationships with various market participants.
Please submit your cover letter and GPA to be considered for the position.
- Screen/conduct due diligence on funds, primary, and co-investment (syndicate) limited partnership investment opportunities across an array of VC fund types, companies, geographies and strategies
- Assist in performing analysis on data related to managers’ track records and client portfolios.
- Assist team in preparing variety of document and presentations including investor update, memos, proposals, and presentations in Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
- Perform in-depth industry research/ Help build out model
- Help manage investment pipeline process
- Review VC fund offering materials, quarterly reports and accounting records for information
- Support GPs in all aspects related activities regarding fundraising, strategy, marketing, legal, & portfolio construction
- Support marketing efforts by organizing events and producing marketing materials.
- Assist the Managing Director and Portfolio Managers with related projects and initiatives.
- You will have an opportunity to work with some amazing Y Combinator partners and the earliest engineers of Google
Required Skills and Experience:
- Mission-driven and understand what it takes to work for a startup
- Have to be available on weekend
- Previous operating experience in startups is required
- Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering degree and Management Science preferred
- Passion for coding and applying algorithms to the Venture Capital asset class
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions.
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques.
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking Powerpoint presentations.
- Ability to call investors & communicate the ideas
- Strong written & verbal communication skills and a good team player
About Trusted Insight:
Trusted Insight is a New York and San Francisco-based global networking and alternative asset management platform providing reputable institutional investors with access to top tier investment opportunities via syndicated deals. Trusted Insight is utilized by over 40,000 investment professionals from pension funds, endowments, foundations, sovereign wealth funds, family offices, banks and insurance companies in 98 countries around the globe.
Trusted Insight is an equal opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If interested, please apply here.