Sopris Capital, a venture capital and growth equity firm focused on the tech-enabled business services, digital health, and healthcare services sectors, is seeking an Associate to join the firm’s investment team. The candidate will be expected to analyze numerous transactions, participate in portfolio management, actively conduct due diligence and industry research, and review and comment on legal documents. The Associate will be given a significant amount of responsibility early as a typical task would be to review an offering memorandum, conduct a call with the management team, and then report back to the Sopris partners with recommendations. The Associate will be a key member of the deal team and will have significant involvement in all aspects of the investment process.
Desired Skills and Experience
· 2-4 years of experience at a venture capital, growth equity, or private equity firm; no post-MBAs
· Strong background in finance, with solid grounding in financial theory and valuation, accounting, financial statement analysis, and business strategy
· Financial modeling and excel skills should be well developed
· Strong undergraduate track record
· Tech experience and familiarity with AI, ML, NLP, and big data a plus
Sopris Capital invests opportunistically in fast-growing, emerging companies. We initially invest between $2 million and $5 million of equity in companies that have proven products, market acceptance, and a management team that can capitalize on the opportunity. Follow-on investments can push the amount invested in a single company to $10+ million in some cases. Sopris has the flexibility to invest in all compelling opportunities regardless of stage or industry and does not have the same investment limitations as traditional funds. The profile of the typical opportunity is a company with revenues between $1 million and $15 million, growing 70%+ per year, and has a need for additional capital to continue or accelerate growth.
If interested, please apply here.