SignalFire is the first venture capital firm built as a technology company by a hybrid team of operators, investors, and engineers trained at General Catalyst, KPCB, Andreessen Horowitz, Dropbox, and Google. We run our firm on a proprietary software stack that enables us to track over 6 million companies and more than a 100 million individuals, the largest data set of its kind in the startup ecosystem. We also have developed unique software-enabled systems & infrastructure for recruiting exceptional talent, business development, customer acquisition as well as educational & community events. We combine that with a distributed network approach provides expert advice from some of the world’s best entrepreneurs, product & engineering leaders in virtually every key discipline and industry (see: angel.co/signalfire). We recently came out of stealth to announce a $330m fund
We’re looking for an Associate to join our growth stage investment team, which focuses on companies with early product-market fit and are entering the hyper growth stage. You must be passionate about working with the most ambitious entrepreneurs to build and scale companies that change their industries. In addition, you also love working in fast-paced startup environments and energized by the chance to build the next premier venture capital firm.
Our Associate role provides a combination available nowhere else: you’ll learn venture from VCs trained at the top institutions on Sand Hill, while simultaneously being at the bleeding edge of our technology startup disrupting the venture capital industry. The position is not limited to a specific “up or out” tenure, and will advance based on merit.
- Sourcing new investments by building strong relationships with founders, using quantitative strategies, and being creative.
- Driving all aspects of due diligence, including through customer references, assessing competitive positioning, modeling finances, and unit economics, understanding macro trends, and more.
- Researching and distilling insights through data from our platform, our advisor network, and independent research to develop investment theses
- Work with SignalFire’s community of founders on strategic and operational projects.
- 1-2 years of investment experience in venture capital, growth equity, or private equity.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and take initiative
- Outstanding communication skills – ability to form deep relationships with a wide range of founders; ability to synthesize information and distill insights clearly
- Team player who is more interested in team-based, collaborative venture capital, not in building a solo portfolio
- Strong opinions, weakly held – ability to thrive in an environment with lively debate, but low ego — and willing to change perspectives to drive towards a better collective understanding
To apply, please email email@example.com with:
1.) Your resume/LinkedIn profile 2.) A short write up (max 1 page) describing a company you are bullish on and would love to invest in. The company needs to have raised less than $30m in venture capital. We’d love to hear your thesis on the product/company/market/team and why this company is poised to be a lasting, durable company in its category.
Think of this as a short introductory memo for a company you would propose in an investment meeting.