Runa Capital (www.runacap.com) is an early and growth stage Venture Capital firm with $250M+ asset under management and operations in both North America and Europe. We typically are the first institutional investor with a focus on fin-tech, edu-tech, health-tech, SaaS based business solutions, and complex engineering software. We are seeking a super motivated and resourceful individual to join the investment team as an Associate. You would be responsible for defining and researching investment themes, building the Runa Capital brand and presence, identifying and reaching out to top investment prospects, conducting due diligence and ultimately helping Runa back great companies.
- A track record that demonstrates exceptional persistence, resourcefulness, and leadership in previous endeavors
- Extremely strong communication and relationship-building skills; your desire to reach out and start the conversation is critical
- An outstanding academic track record
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to self-motivate and direct your own work
- Demonstrated passion for technology and innovation; you need to be well read and deeply curious
- Connections in the software/tech ecosystem
If interested, email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instead of a cover letter, please answer any 3 of the 4 below questions (150 word max for each):
- What are the 1-2 achievements you are most proud of?
- If you were seeking to speak with top startup founders, who would be the first 3 people you would call? Tell us about how you got to know them.
- What is one startup we probably don’t know about but should consider investing in? Pretend you’re speaking with a skeptical investor, and sell them on this opportunity.
- What is one startup that many people think is amazing that you are skeptical about? Why?