NextWorld Capital is growing! We’re looking to hire an Associate or Senior Associate to join our team to invest in the best enterprise technology companies.
We invest in sectors such as SaaS, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Enterprise Infrastructure, the Internet of Things, Fintech, and Cybersecurity. NextWorld leads Series A and B rounds and then helps entrepreneurs accelerate growth with our Global Enterprise Platform. We’re the only venture capital firm with a comprehensive platform designed to bring together the best enterprise startups with over 120 of the most forward-thinking global corporates who become customers and partners.
NextWorld has invested in category-defining companies such as Zuora (NYSE: ZUO), DataStax, HeadSpin, ProsperWorks, Gong, BrightRoll (acquired by Yahoo!), NexGen Storage (acquired by Fusion-io), and DynamicOps (acquired by VMware).
NextWorld is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in London and Paris. Learn more at our website at www.nextworldcap.com.
NextWorld is hiring an Associate to be an integral member of the investment team. You will work directly with the General Partners to support the investment process including sourcing, due diligence, deal closing, and both creation and articulation of the investment thesis. It’s a great opportunity for an extraordinary individual to help identify, partner with, and build the next generation of category-leading enterprise technology companies.
The Associate’s responsibilities include:
- Develop an astute point of view on the investment opportunities NextWorld should be pursuing, create market landscapes, source exciting companies, and articulate thoughtful analyses and recommendations to the partnership.
- Build relationships with leading startups and generate high-quality deal flow by meeting with entrepreneurs and representing the firm at industry events.
- Manage the due diligence process and drive operational metrics assessments, competitive analysis, product and technology evaluation, reference calls, and financial and exit modeling.
- Work with portfolio companies on select projects including research projects, competitor analysis, valuation work, and platform development.
- Contribute to building the NextWorld brand and platform including writing blog posts, hosting podcasts, and presenting at NextWorld events.
- 2–4 years of prior experience in venture capital, startups or established tech companies (preferably in product, corporate development, or business development), or investment banking.
- Collaborative style, high energy, strong networking skills, and the entrepreneurial spirit to expand the platform of a growing top-tier venture firm.
- An executive presence with the confidence to state your opinion and advocate for it.
- Hungry to learn new things, and driven to turn over the rocks within the industry to identify great investment opportunities.
- Analytical ability, excellent written and oral communication skills. Financial modeling proficiency preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently and drive multiple dynamic projects.
- Track record of academic and professional success. Technical degrees such as CS or EE preferred but not required.
- Experience working with European companies and knowledge of European languages are a plus.
How to Apply
- Email your resume, a link to your LinkedIn profile, and a 1–2 paragraph summary of why *you* should get the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.