next47 is a global venture firm created by Siemens that invests in, and partners with, entrepreneurs who think big and build industry-defining companies. With offices in Boston, Beijing, London, Munich and Palo Alto, next47 gives start-ups unparalleled access to one of the world’s largest portfolios of customers in the areas of industry, energy and infrastructure as well as domain expertise in the deep technologies that impact those customers. Find out more at http://next47.com
We are recruiting an Associate who can be the next great addition to our Palo Alto team. The person we are looking for is inherently excited about working with technology startups and possesses both a strong bias towards excellence and an unending excitement for learning.
We expect our Associates to use the experience at Next47 as a launching pad for operational roles in startups, investment roles in venture firms, and other great opportunities.
This role focuses on the key elements of world class venture investing: sourcing, analyzing, and winning the opportunity to work with top tier startups. Then, bringing all of our collective resources to bear in order to maximize portfolio outcomes:
- Source new early stage investments including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, attending relevant conferences and networking events, and calling on new prospects.
- Establish industry knowledge and contacts to help drive investment strategy and effectively conduct due diligence.
- Participate in all aspects of due diligence including market sizing and mapping, and industry research.
- Develop financial models relating to financings, valuation analyses and liquidity events.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MBA required.
- Two to five years of total work experience, including time at both high growth startups and banking or consulting firms.
- Excitement for the startup ecosystem, networks, and deal sourcing and investment processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships necessary for sourcing investment opportunities.
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations in a group setting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Strong experience with startup and VC communities, preferably in the Bay Area.
- A technical degree such as CS or EE, or a demonstrable record of highly technical equivalent work experience.
- Principal investment experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
If interested, please apply here.