The Associate, Portfolio Operations is responsible for supporting our portfolio across the country and executing marketing and deal sourcing initiatives.
This role is a key member of the LaunchCapital portfolio operations team, which is ultimately responsible for helping our companies achieve their goals and for LaunchCapital to find the best new companies to invest in. You’ll have the following responsibilities:
- Portfolio Support: You’ll make it easier for our portfolio companies to run and scale their businesses after raising their seed round of funding. You’ll do this by building and managing tools and accelerators that help our companies accomplish their goals, and engaging directly with our founding teams. This’ll range from a webinar series to template materials to directly helping on particular projects, and more.
- Marketing: You’ll execute marketing and branding programs for LaunchCapital. This means helping tell our story and the story of our portfolio companies, broadening our online and offline reach as we search for great new partners and investments, and helping orchestrate activities that engage and broaden our community
- Sourcing: You’ll lead projects to help us find the best entrepreneurs to invest in. Like calling interesting companies directly, running research projects that help us scope out who to engage with, and being present at startup events.
We’re a small firm, so you’ll also do special projects, engaging with the VP of Portfolio Operations and Managing Director across the range of their responsibilities.
We envision this role as rotational, meaning after two or so years it’ll likely make sense to transition to a leadership role at a startup, to another venture capital firm, or to an MBA or other postgraduate education.
This position is based in our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Who We’re Looking For
You’re a top-notch performer who is passionate about start-ups and meeting great entrepreneurs. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done. And you like building tools that help people achieve their goals, and you “get it” such that you’ll be create and execute excellent marketing programs.
We’re very open to excellent candidates no matter their background of particular experience.
It’s probably helpful to have experience in a start-up and/or experience at a management consulting firm, at an investment bank, or in a similar internal role at an organization.
Please consider the following attributes:
- 1-5 years or more of work experience
- Evidence of passion for entrepreneurship, with startup experience a plus but not required
- Experience developing tools that help organizations achieve their goals
- Great writing skills and intuitive understanding of marketing (experience a plus)
We’re looking for someone who can not only do the above but take the role to the next level. If that may be you, please apply.
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated on a rolling basis.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your Resume
- Cover Letter
- Social Links (LinkedIn, Twitter, personal blogs etc.) anything else that you think will help us to get to know you better
- In 200 words or less, tell us the company that you most admire and why.