JSW Ventures is an early-stage tech focused Venture Capital fund based in Mumbai. We invest in businesses developing solutions (products / services) for solving problems in large and high growth markets . We extend our partnership not just through capital but a commitment to build exceptional companies.
- JSW Ventures is looking for an Associate who will be responsible for sourcing, executing, and closing venture capital transactions to build a portfolio
- The Associate will identify investment opportunities as well as provide operational support to the fund and portfolio companies
- Identify the trends in technology sector and build a steady pipeline of new prospects basis the investment thesis
- Identify any new investment opportunities based on market and competitor analysis
- Source new early stage investments, including meeting founders and entrepreneurs
- Source investment opportunities, both directly and through a network of contacts at universities, VCs, incubators, accelerators, etc.
- Represent the fund at events and conferences
Analysis & Investment Execution
- Understand the business and industry in detail and prepare financial model, conduct valuation analysis and prepare other deal documents of the company
- Conduct a product analysis, understand the product and technology development capabilities of the company, ability to execute on the product roadmap and future competitive edge.
- Perform diligence on potential investments to validate the business opportunity for financial returns
- Evaluate long and short term fund requirements of companies
- Analyze financial ratios to understand the financial health of the company
- Coordinate the DD and deal execution process
Investment Mangement & Reporting
- Actively involved in monitoring portfolio companies including financial and operating performance, strategic value-add in steering portfolio companies, preparation of periodic reports and implementing exit strategies
- Nurture new and existing portfolio companies, including facilitating contacts for the companies
- Develop and deliver periodic reports for portfolio review of the fund
- Oversee and be responsible for certain accounts, finance and compliance functions of the fund
Educational Background and Work Experience
- MBA with preferred specialization in finance / strategic management
- 2-3 years of post-MBA experience in sectors like Strategy & Consulting, Investments – Private Equity or Venture Capital, Investment Banking, or having founded / worked with a startup.
- Preference for candidates with experience in product management and/or operations in a startup or growth stage environment
If interested, please apply here.