Hone Capital, LLC (Hone)(LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is a privately-owned investment management firm, investing in venture capital, private equity and real-estate strategies in the United States. Located in downtown Palo Alto, Hone invests on behalf of the leading private equity firm in China, as well as other institutional investors. Hone’s venture capital practice is distinguished by its emphasis on investing via external partners (syndicate leads), as well as its data-driven methodology utilizing a proprietary machine learning model.
As the scale of its activity increases, Hone is in the process of building out its venture team, which currently numbers two partners and five total professional staff. Given the relatively small size of our team, you will have the opportunity to wear many hats and take on as much responsibility as you are able to.
- Owning portfolio management, designing and implementing systems to track and assess the large number of startups in which Hone has invested, along with the syndicate leads through whom we have invested in those companies, and maintaining regular communication with both
- Assisting with deal decision making and due diligence
- Contributing to developing investment themes and target areas
- Leading special projects, such as developing proprietary analytics tools
The right candidate is well-versed in collecting, structuring, and maintaining data in the form of operational systems that help us run the business. This candidate is aggressive, ambitious, and laser-focused on producing deliverables that make a positive impact on the firm. He or she enjoys connecting with people and wants to contribute to building and strengthening the firm’s ties to the ecosystem of people it works with, ranging from portfolio companies to co-investors and beyond.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years of experience working a software/Internet company, venture firm, investment bank, management consulting firm, or similar
- Strong interpersonal skills paired with a collegial, collaborative style, powering an ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Prefer technical majors (computer science, engineering, math, or science). Ability to code a bonus.
- Fully paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto, walking distance to CalTrain, restaurants, shops
- Free in-building parking, and public transportation benefit
IF interested, please apply here.