HOF Capital is a technology venture capital firm. We invest at Seed and Series A in North America and Western Europe. HOF has an unusually broad portfolio acceleration platform comprising 9 full-time staff and offices in New York (HQ) and London, as well as Venture Partners in San Francisco, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, and Taipei. HOF is backed by leading multinational corporations and family offices which view HOF as the best way to work with the US innovation economy. Among our initial investors are Orascom Group, the Godrej Group and Dallah Albaraka.
HOF Capital is looking to add an Associate with a software development background to our Investment Team to build out our tech stack and support all aspects of the investment process. As part of a lean team, you will play an active role in building our platform; diligencing, structuring, and financing transactions in the technology sector; as well as assist in monitoring portfolio companies.
As a young, ambitious firm, we are in the process of scaling up rapidly, which means that each member of the team will play a critical role in building out the organization, defining its culture, and determining its future success.
This role requires a proactive, can-do attitude and an extreme level of integrity and professionalism. While we are intense and obsessive about detail we also enjoy our work and consider ourselves lucky to work at the epicenter of an exciting industry.
We estimate the role is about 75% business analysis, 25% software engineer::
- Review investment pipeline
- Aid in technical due diligence of potential investments
- Aid in technical recruiting for portfolio companies
- Business model research
- Industry trend analysis
- Configure and improve integration of our current software stack and assess new vendors
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Relentless, self-motivated, hard-working, caring, brave, growth-oriented, and self aware
- Full-time experience in software engineering or application development
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Experience communicating with users and other technical teams to gather requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Desire to take an active role in creating the future, driven by first principles
- Strong understanding of the industry, current trends, hot companies, backable entrepreneurs, and out-of-the-box thinking
- Ability to quickly grasp and process patterns from constantly changing sectors, including: 3D printing; machine learning; artificial intelligence; flying robots; surgical robots; synthetic biology; genomics; satellites; space; drones; computational imaging and recognition; new materials; and holograms
If interested, please apply here.