High Alpha’s newest venture, High Alpha Innovation, partners with corporations to produce tangible innovation through venture studio and startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture capital firm, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate partners to source, launch, and invest in themed venture studios and startups.
The Associate will work alongside the Director of Corporate Innovation to identify, research, validate and advance potential corporate partnership opportunities. The role will be responsible for supporting multiple efforts, including: managing High Alpha Innovation’s pipeline, conducting comprehensive market research, active leadership during each Sprint Week, and help executing a variety of programs. We are seeking an individual who exhibits a high-level of professionalism, a passion for corporate innovation and entrepreneurship, and a business style that is scrappy, strategic, creative, team-oriented, hands-on, and collaborative.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the Director of Corporate Innovation to identify new startup and studio opportunities in alignment with corporate partner’s strategic plans
- Organize a process around problem structuring, analysis, and synthesis
- Participate in ongoing partner concept validation
- Execute a detailed work plan for projects
- Research markets and new business opportunities
- Work closely with the leadership team to develop and deliver key insights and opportunities
- Help lead High Alpha Innovation’s Sprint Week process for each corporate engagement
- Seek out and build amazing networks of potential studio foundational members
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA required, MBA and/or advanced degree strongly preferred
Minimum 3 years operating within business consulting or a startup
- Venture and startup experience a strong plus
- Project Management experience required with the ability to manage competing priorities and projects
- Entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated interest in corporate innovation
- Ability to iterate and execute regardless of industry or market
- Advanced PowerPoint/Keynote skills
- Skillful communicator who is comfortable, effective, and influential in meetings with senior management teams
- Self-starter who can thrive in an unstructured and collaborative team environment
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
If interested, please apply here.