FCA Venture Partners, (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) a leading early-stage, healthcare-focused venture capital firm with an emphasis on Seed and Series A investments, is hiring an Associate to work alongside the team to source investments, conduct diligence on prospective investments, support existing portfolio companies, and assist in operationalizing the firm’s investment process.
Since 1996, FCA Venture Partners has backed world-class healthcare entrepreneurs seeking to address the triple aim: improve the patient experience, improve the health of populations, and reduce the cost of healthcare. FCA Venture Partners was one of the first firms to solely focus on Healthcare Software and Services investments and some notable successes include Medical Reimbursements of America, Entrada Health, Procured Health, ProviderTrust, Proxsys, and more.
The Associate would join the investment team and be responsible for:
- Sourcing and performing diligence on new investments
- Working alongside existing portfolio companies on operational structure, later-stage financing, attracting high-level talent, board assistance, and other ways to add value.
- Assisting in operationalizing the firm’s investment process and structure as we continue to grow
- Researching and developing investment theses to pursue
- Develop quarterly update materials for Limited Partner investors on each portfolio company
- Having a presence in the nationwide Healthcare IT and VC investment community.
- Using his or her existing network to connect with the best healthcare entrepreneurs in the country
- 15-20 days per year of travel to conferences, demo days, board meetings, and other networking opportunities
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years of experience working at an early-stage VC firm, healthcare-focused investment bank or consulting firm, healthcare startup, or similar experience.
- A solid understanding of the healthcare industry and the ability to research and screen potential investment opportunities and professionally conduct initial calls with companies.
- Strong financial and analytical skills paired with a passion for entrepreneurship.
- An existing network of entrepreneurs and other leading VCs
- An eye for identifying gaps that our network can help fill for existing portfolio companies such as introductions to customers or strategic partners.
- An understanding of the mechanics of early-stage startups, and a willingness to jump in to help the entrepreneurs we invest in with whatever they need.
- As a small team, we value an ability to work independently, as well as in close collaboration with each other.
Why you should want to work here:
- This is a unique opportunity to join a venture capital firm that is mission-driven and focused on investing in companies improving the healthcare system.
- You will quickly develop a network of other investors/entrepreneurs across the country a valuable skill set that will benefit you for the rest of your career.
- You will work closely with our investment team, which has decades of both entrepreneurial and investing experience.
The Hiring Process
- We will be accepting applications for this position until January 31st.
- We will then review the applications and reach out to selected candidates.
- The top candidates will present to Andrew Bouldin about two investment themes. (Early Feb)
- We will then select top candidates to perform a due diligence investment analysis on a prospective investment and present that analysis to our entire investment team. (Late Feb)
- We plan to conduct final interviews and make an offer in Early March.
Note** – We are specifically looking for an Associate with 1-3 years of work experience. If you have more than 5 years of work experience you will be over qualified and not considered for this role.
If interested, please apply here.