We are currently seeking a full-time Associate for our Investment team based in Edison’s (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) Princeton, NJ office. The Associate will be an integral part of our investment process, and this position has historically been the entry point on the path to Partner at the firm. Associates are responsible for gathering and assembling investment opportunities and information in an effort to elevate the most relevant set of companies. This will require triangulating information from various sources, including self-initiated and composed emails and phone calls, speaking to company management and industry peers, and conducting raw research to uncover accretive information. It will be important for the Associate to understand the nuances of a business and generate answers to key questions.
The responsibilities of an Edison Associate are as follows:
- Source, pre-qualify and evaluate investment opportunities that match Edison’s investment strategyOriginate investment opportunities through primary research and referrals from our Marketing team and other Edison investment professionals
- Assist Partners in championing investment candidates for Firm review
- Lead and participate in due diligence of investment opportunities
- Based on your experience and ability to add value, over time you may represent Edison as a board observer for investments. In that capacity, you will work with other Edison investment professionals to guide management regarding strategy, organization, financing, budgeting, etc., and report the company’s progress to General Partners and Limited Partners
- Represent Edison at industry, technology, entrepreneurial, venture conferences and other networking events
- Contribute to Edison Edge activities, e.g., CEO Summit, industry and peer roundtables, Edison Director Network events, and the Edison blog, lending POV on industry and other topics relevant to entrepreneurs
- Special projects that utilize your business and technology experience, on which you may work with Edison investment professionals, the Analysis group, Edison Director Network members, portfolio company management, and consultants
Ideal candidates will have at least an undergraduate degree. 2-3 years of experience working in or with a startup or growth-stage technology company is preferred, but not required. Most importantly, we’re looking for professionals with not only grey matter and financial chops, but also resourcefulness, initiative, and salesmanship.
Compensation is competitive and Associates will be awarded a partnership interest (carried interest), which is subject to a vesting schedule. Over time, additional grants of carried interest are possible based on performance.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com