Romulus Capital, a premier emerging venture capital firm, seeks a Growth Stage Investment Associate to lead deal sourcing and diligence for growth-stage opportunities. Romulus, founded out of MIT in 2008, invests in technology- and science-enabled companies with an emphasis on B2B technology companies. The firm has raised nearly $200M from a global set of investors and has built a diverse, high-performing portfolio across several verticals. The founders were named to the Forbes 30 under 30 list in 2015.
You would be the first full-time hire for our growth-stage investing and would thus have great upside and an opportunity to craft the foundation directly alongside the Managing Partners.
Responsibilities of the Growth Stage Associate:
- Develop investment theses collaboratively with the Partners
- Reach out to hundreds of growth-stage (mostly B2B, Series B/C stage) technology companies and develop networks within the community in order to source prospective investment opportunities
- Lead diligence process on prospects and manage the funnel
- Close 3-5 new deals in next 12 months
Qualifications of an ideal candidate:
- 1-2 years of sourcing experience at growth-stage venture capital firm
- 2-3 years of technology banking experience at a bulge bracket firm
- Must have fluency with financial metrics and modeling
- Must be outgoing and aligned with Romulus’ values
- Should be skeptical by nature
- Should be highly entrepreneurial, have exceptional work ethic, and be able to work independently
Position would be based in our office in downtown Boston and compensation (cash and equity/profit-sharing) very compelling. Start date ASAP. Please reach out to Krishna at email@example.com.