Capital One has invested significantly in the future of digital, cloud, and data technology and talent to drive growth. To support these efforts, Capital One launched Capital One Growth Ventures (C1GV) in 2014, a corporate VC unit focused on venture capital investments, company building, and identifying innovative digital acquisitions. Working closely with Capital One’s business units (Cards, Banking, Financial Services, and Commercial), C1GV is instrumental in identifying new opportunities in financial technology, payments, big data, security, identity, enterprise software, and other related sectors.
Capital One Growth Ventures is adding a pre-MBA Associate to the investment team in San Francisco. As an Associate, you will work on lean teams with senior investors to support all aspects of our investment process from sourcing to execution to portfolio management. Associates join for a minimum of two years, after which top performers have many options including upward mobility, external operating roles, or enrolling in top graduate programs with support from the team.
Associate responsibilities include:
- Help source and evaluate new investment opportunities
- Create market maps and sector landscapes
- Develop and present investment theses and rationales
- Build and stress test financial analyses on prospective investments
- Write investment memorandums and Investment Committee presentations
- Execute transactions in partnership with legal, risk, and operational teams
- Provide high-touch support and advice to portfolio companies
- Represent C1GV in the startup community, including organizing and hosting networking events
Associate job requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in either (a) an analytical role in management consulting, investment banking, or investing, or (b) a technology-centric role in engineering, product, or strategy
Additionally, the right candidate will possess:
- A demonstrated interest in technology, startups, and corporate innovation
- An understanding of venture investments and how they are made
- An understanding of technology, code, and enterprise software
If interested, Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Instead of a cover letter, please answer the following questions in no more than a few sentences each:
- Describe two startups (one enterprise, one consumer, each having raised less than $30M) that you believe are good investments, and why.
- What is something you have conviction about that most people would disagree with?