Bull City Venture Partners is a venture capital firm laser-focused on helping seed and early stage companies. We love meeting incredible entrepreneurs and rolling up our sleeves to help founders build their companies from day one. Our office is in downtown Durham, NC.
We’re looking to add an Investment Associate/Chief of Staff to our team who will work directly with Partners Jason Caplain and David Jones. This role will engage across all functions of the partnership at Bull City Venture Partners, including reviewing new investment opportunities, special projects, marketing & event management, pipeline management and portfolio engagement. This role is a balance between strategy and sharp execution.
· Qualifying and managing new investment opportunities
· Managing relationships and communication within the BCVP community.
· Conducting research and investment diligence
· Initiating and leading special projects (building internal products and programs, research deep dives)
· Managing events for entrepreneurs and other marketing events like BCVP Entrepreneurs’ Series
· Valuations/accounting for potential deal-flow as well as potential projects with portfolio companies
· Updating and maintaining blog and website in tandem with the partners
This position is not all glamorous. As a small team, we all handle a good amount of behind-the-scenes work and this position will be no different.
Who we’re looking for:
Someone who believes in our mission, vision and goals as a founder-first VC firm. We are a team driven by grit and we care deeply about our founders and creating great companies that stand the test of time. Our priority is finding the right person to build with us. We think that person may have a background in one of several areas:
· A former founder or member of a startup.
· An aspiring entrepreneur who wants a rare window into the VC and fundraising side of the business.
· Someone with an investment banking or consulting background.
· A generalist who loves learning new things and has a passion for tech.
· A project manager who keeps the trains running on time with little oversight, using imagination and drive.
· A doer who sees this as an ideal opportunity to immerse yourself in the tech industry and learn the art of company building from a community of skilled investors and operators.
We believe the strength of our team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences. You might be a good fit if the following describes you:
· You’re fascinated by technology and how today’s entrepreneurs are shaping the future. You don’t necessarily need deep knowledge of the venture capital industry, but you should be excited about the field and eager to learn the business quickly. Most importantly, you’re laser focused on execution with the drive to get things done. You’re deeply organized and reliable above all else.
· You’re a great teammate with no ego who is self-motivating and takes initiative. You’re curious and intuitive — a creative and unconventional thinker, yet also highly analytical and logical. You’re a fantastic writer and pride yourself on thoughtful, eloquent communication. You know the right questions to ask, as well as when to listen and learn. You have the polish and presence to regularly interact with seasoned CEOs and entrepreneurs.
· 2-3 years of work experience
· Undergraduate degree
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. At BCVP, we value resourcefulness, diversity, team play, excellence, and hustle.
Interested? Please email Jason Caplain firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume. Thank you.