Blumberg Capital is a SF based venture capital firm with a focus on early stage investments. The firm has a very strong, profitable investment track record realized through investments over the past two decades.
At Blumberg Capital, we operate in a unique hybrid environment of venture capital and startup that is fast paced, non-bureaucratic and flexible where individual growth is strongly encouraged.
We are looking for an Associate to join our team. You will be exposed to many aspects of Blumberg Capital and have direct interaction with our partners and team. As an associate, you will help research and develop new investment roadmaps, conduct due diligence on potential investments and connect with emerging technology startups. Ideal candidates are self-starters and experienced in handling a wide range of due diligence related tasks, ability to work independently with clear guidance.
This is intended as a two-year position, typically followed by business school or an operational role. For exceptional candidates, there may be an opportunity to continue on a career-track at Blumberg Capital.
- Portfolio: Assist with introductions and other areas as directed by team
- Investment review: Conduct initial review of investment prospects and assess deal fit according to the firm’s investment criteria
- Due diligence: Perform all aspects of due diligence, including financial and valuation analyses as well as technology and competitive market reviews for potential investments
- Deal sourcing: Identify and engage potential investment opportunities through networking, cold outreach, conferences, etc.
- Research and thesis development: Researching markets and specific industry trends
- Presentations: Prepare PowerPoint presentations for team members on Fund, portfolio and thematic topics
Experience and Required Qualities/Attributes
- Technical undergrad degree with an outstanding academic track record
- 2-3 years of relevant experience at a venture capital, private equity, tech company, strategy consultancy, investment bank or other relevant background
- Experience working in a team oriented and open office environment
- Must be quantitative and analytical with strong research and financial modeling skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to connect effectively with all levels
- Strong understanding of information technology from a technical and/or market perspective
- Entrepreneurial spirit, a can-do attitude with excellent business judgment and ethics, and a strong desire to succeed
- Passionate about technology innovation and meeting entrepreneurs
- Positive attitude and calm temperament; ability to handle multiple tasks with perseverance, discretion and tact
Position is based in SF. Please send resume to: email@example.com