Base10 Partners is a San Francisco-based venture capital fund. We invest in early stage technology companies using data to automate large, old-school sectors of the economy – what we call broadly “automation for the real economy”. This is a rare opportunity to be an early member of a venture firm.
Are you an expert in data or automation? Do you want to learn how to identify and invest in the best startup companies in each sector of GDP? We are looking to grow our team with people who love learning about the whole spectrum of data companies – from startups to market leaders – and love identifying the key patterns of successful companies. Investment team members are empowered to learn everything there is to know about the companies, teams, products, and business models in a specific category.
We are hiring an associate to join our investing team. In this role, you will be analyzing companies, cultivating relationships with entrepreneurs, researching industries, and digging into new technologies. You will work on building out data driven products to deliver insight and help identify opportunities. You will also share your insights with entrepreneurs through various media.
You will have the opportunity to impact the entire spectrum of our investment process, including:
- Product development to use data and insights to find and analyze opportunities
- Investment thesis development
- Diligence and primary research
- Portfolio company support
What makes you a perfect fit for Base10’s investment team:
You love research: If you are incessantly curious to learn more and love data, this role will fit you well.
You love products: New apps, websites, or consumer services catch your attention. You are quick to learn more about the ones that have something special to offer and try them out before anyone else.
Entrepreneurial: Similar to our portfolio companies, Base10 is a fast growing venture and requires team members who are builders and like to get their hands dirty.
Service oriented: Venture capital is fundamentally a service business and we exist to serve and support our portfolio companies.
An ideal candidate has some or all of the following experiences:
- Base level of professional experience in an analyst role – 1-2+ years of consulting, investment banking, or private equity.
- Exposure to developing investment theses and making investments – 1-2 years at an investment firm, such as a hedge fund, private equity and/or venture capital firm is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Experience in a fast-growing data driven startup – 1-2 years in product management, software engineering, or data science.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If interested, please apply here.