Baird Capital (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) has raised and managed more than $3 billion in capital and invested in more than 300 companies since 1989. Baird Capital’s U.S. Venture Capital team invests in early and growth stage, technology and healthcare companies. Our team of investment professionals seeks to build high growth companies in our target industries by partnering with experienced entrepreneurs and offering value-added assistance through our collective industry insight, network of executive relationships, capital markets expertise and portfolio operations team. The team has a strong, cohesive culture that uses a collaborative approach towards investing and adding value to portfolio companies.
Baird Capital is seeking an investment professional to join its U.S. Venture Capital team based in Chicago, IL. In the role of Associate, the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of venture capital investing, including financial modeling, transaction sourcing, due diligence and valuation, structuring, documentation and portfolio company management. We are looking for candidates who not only fulfill the fundamental corporate finance requirements of the job, but also add value in terms of strategic thinking and thought leadership.
What We Look For
- Highly motivated, strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, work independently and in teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer and financial modeling skills
- An accomplished track record of at least 2-3 years in a private equity/venture capital or investment banking analyst role
- Strong academic background, leading G.P.A. from top-tier institution
If interested, please apply here.