AV8 Ventures (www.av8.vc) is a $180M global early-stage venture firm that seeks out visionary entrepreneurs with disruptive solutions in data-driven health, mobility and intelligent enterprise. Our team combines deep technical, scientific and entrepreneurial backgrounds with decades of venture investing experience. Our network includes some of the brightest minds in health, machine learning, enterprise technology, mobility, robotics, hard sciences and biology. With offices in Palo Alto and London we find, fund and foster the next generation of global entrepreneurial leaders.
We are looking to add to our Palo Alto team someone who can elevate our platform, to help us source, evaluate and navigate investments. You will help identify and analyze key technology trends and markets that are ripe for disruption. You will be instrumental in helping us identify founders and teams whom we should consider for investments. You’ll play a key role in due diligence that goes above and beyond simply looking at slide decks and Excel models. You’ll also represent AV8 at industry events and within the startup ecosystem, and supporting our general operations.
We are looking for builders not financial engineers and seek self-starters with a passion for technology, who can bring their own ideas and points of view to the table and who can wear many hats: from strategic market analysis, to product roadmap and technology evaluation, to engaging and working with senior executives, to financial analysis.
Responsibilities and Opportunities
- Conduct market research on sectors of interest, developing and testing hypotheses around opportunities, threats, incumbents and disruptive start-ups
- Participate in deal sourcing activities (e.g., conferences, meet-ups, networking events)
- Perform due diligence on potential investments, including industry analysis, competitive assessment, product-market fit, go-to-market validation, and financial modeling
- Analyze operational forecasts and overall strategies of target companies
- Engage with portfolio companies and build a ‘trusted partner’ relationship with them in helping them create value with their businesses
- Build presentations for the firm, investors and portfolio companies
- Assume these responsibilities represent the floor, not the ceiling. We’re interested in your ideas once you’re on board
Qualifications and Skills Required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience/exposure to tech startups or high-performing companies in relevant industries. We prefer product-centric experience but will consider management consulting or investment banking backgrounds only with a demonstrated passion and expertise around technology
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, loosely structured environment, balancing multiple roles and functions across multiple projects
- Superior work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and evidence of being a self-starter
- Excellent analytical, research and organizational skills
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships with operating executives and ability to connect with founders
- Technical educational background strongly preferred
If interested, please apply here.