Venture University is an innovative trade school for venture capital, private equity, and entrepreneurship, where individuals participate in an Investment Apprenticeship Program, which includes a work program and an academic program during the Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters.
Venture University is a highly competitive program that only accepts the top 1-3% of applicants. Individuals that are accepted and enroll in the program join Venture University’s VC / PE investment team and gain quality networking and investment work experience by sourcing investment opportunities, meeting with startups, growth stage companies, investors, conducting due diligence, making investment recommendations, and benefiting from the financial upside from the investments made.
For more information, go to: https://www.Venture.University
Venture University offers three programs: Summer, Fall, and Spring.
- Summer: June 18th-Aug 31st, 2018
- Fall: Sept 17th -Dec 14th, 2018
- Spring: Jan 14th-April 26th, 2019
Individuals accepted into the program have the option to participate for 1-3 program periods (3 Months up to 1yr) to truly immerse themselves into the world of venture capital, private equity, and entrepreneurship.
Responsibilities of the Venture Capital & Private Equity Investment Apprenticeship:
- The Venture Capital & Private Equity Apprenticeship Program offers a full-time and part-time program, where individuals take on the role of a VC/PE investor at Venture University’s investment fund
- Individuals also participate in an academic program, which includes two courses: Venture Capital & Private Equity and Entrepreneurship: Seed to Growth. The courses are taught as 10 topic modules each by industry experts. Each week there are 2 modules, and each module is 2-4hrs.
- Deal source from top VC/PE funds, accelerators, and startup founders
- Meet with seed through growth stage companies, conduct due diligence, put together investment evaluations and recommendations, participate in investment committees, and vote on the investments to be made and the amount to be invested
- Review pitch decks and investment documents
- Make 1-7 investments during the program, investing $50K-$350K+ in each company using the initial Work Program Capital, and have the ability to source and invest additional capital in the portfolio companies
- Individuals in the Investment Apprenticeship Program are offered a profit sharing agreement to benefit from the investments made, including upside from the Work Program Capital and Additional Sourced Capital
- Attend VC / Startup networking events
- Must be located in or move to San Francisco during the program period
Eligibility (Must meet one or more of the below criteria):
- Undergrad or graduate student at top colleges, universities, or master’s programs: MBA, J.D., MS, etc. and/or be an extraordinary individual with a passion for VC/PE and entrepreneurship
- Post-Graduate & Experienced Professional: 1) 1-3yrs doing investment banking and/or consulting, 2) working within corporate business development, innovation, or corporate VC, or 3) working at a startup or innovative corporation, or founder of a startup
- Angel investors looking to improve and professionalize their investment strategy, individuals at family wealth offices, or individual looking to launch a Seed/VC/PE fund or corporate VC
- The Venture Capital & Private Equity Investment Apprenticeship Program is unpaid and includes a cost to participate in the program. Individuals accepted into the Investment Apprenticeship Program receive a profit sharing agreement to benefit from the financial upside from the investments made, which has the potential to return none, some, all, or more than the total cost of the program.
If interested, please apply here.