About TCL Ventures (TCLVC)
TCLVC is a $100M USD global venture fund backed by TCL Corp, one of the largest consumer electronics companies in the world. We focus on 4 investment themes: 1) AI Applications; 2) Industry Solutions (IoT, Robotics, manufacturing, etc.); 3) Digital Media; 4) Chips and Display tech. With a cross-border team in the US and China, we invest globally and across all stages.
Position: Full-time Analyst / Associate (Partner-track)
We are seeking two (2) intellectually curious Analyst(s)/ Associate(s) who will be supporting the investment activities of General Partners. This is a Partner-track position where the candidate(s) will have the ground floor opportunity to grow with the firm.
- Research – Perform primary and secondary research; evaluating industries in firm’s investment focus areas to define key sectors, current investment/competitive landscape and potential market/investment opportunities in sectors.
- Deal Flow – as a research followup, make initial contact with potential investment targets, as directed, to learn more about team, business model and product/market fit. Facilitate introductions to an investment partner and/or presentation to full investment team.
- Networking/events – develop personal network to include entrepreneurs, associates at other collaborative venture firms, university contacts, personal networks and others to enhance deal flow and broaden firm’s footprint. Attend mixers and applicable events to grow network.
- Financial Modeling & Analysis – Calling customers/analysts and using existing research and available market information to perform extensive analysis.
- Due Diligence – Perform extensive due diligence to evaluate new investment opportunities / business plans. These activities include: Thorough evaluation of entrepreneurs and management teams (interview, reference and background checking); Customer calls; Supplier calls; Technology evaluation; Evaluation of financial projections; Financial modeling and returns analyses; Deal structuring and analysis.
- Investment Memo – Assist General Partners in authoring investment memo write-ups and help present the case to the fund’s investment committee.
- 1-3 years experience in consulting, venture capital, investment banking or private equity or product/technical experience with respected technology company(ies).
- Undergraduate degree in technology (prefer EE/CS) or Economics/Finance from relevant university.
- Strong English speaking/writing skills or equivalent for extensive document editing and proofing.
- Chinese / Mandarin language skill is highly preferred but not required.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and hardworking with a passion for learning.
- Location: Based in San Mateo, CA and have oversea travel opportunities.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus and carry are offered to the successful candidate.
If interested, please send your CV and intro paragraph to Jay Zhao firstname.lastname@example.org