Steelhead Peak is looking for a part-time analyst to help raise an early stage venture capital fund. The analyst will support all phases of the fundraising process, including pitch and due diligence material creation and Limited Partner development. The position will begin at ~50% time for 6 months, will likely increase in hours over this time, and has the potential to transition to a full-time role with the fund when the fundraise is complete.
About Steelhead Peak
Steelhead Peak provides advisory services to venture capital funds and startups in clean energy, sustainability, mobility, food, & agriculture. The team at Steelhead Peak has rich experience at every stage of the startup journey, from founding companies to investing in startups and funds, and everything in between.
We’re currently advising on the launch of a cleantech VC fund with which this position will work.
Initial position responsibilities will include helping:
- Develop the top of the Limited Partner funnel
- Build documents for the data room such as pitch decks and financial models
- Lead the fund’s CRM processes
- Prepare materials for meetings with prospective Limited Partners
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings
Potential long-term responsibilities may include helping:
- Source potential investment opportunities
- Perform market research and due diligence on investment opportunities
- Build financial models for prospective deals
- Write investment memos
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Professional written communications skills
- Ability to work within timelines and carry projects through to completion
- Receptive to feedback and highly coachable
- Eager to learn and tackle new challenges
- A strong proven interest in technology, startups, and innovation
- Comfortable working as part of a small, high-achieving team
- Bachelors or Master’s degree from an accredited post-secondary institution
- 3-5 years of meaningful experience
- Proficiency in one or more investing areas (energy, agriculture, water, mobility, and / or circular economy)
- Experience working in venture capital in some capacity
- Expertise working with CRM systems
- Experience leading a sales funnel process
- Portland (OR) and Bay Area (CA) based candidates will be given preference, although remote candidates will also be considered.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will be based on a market-rate, hourly salary for 15-20 hours a week. Benefits will not be provided initially.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and anything else we should consider to email@example.com.
We will accept and review applications on a rolling basis. Although all applications will be considered, we may be unable to respond to all inquiries. Steelhead Peak is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.