Joining the Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
Stanley Ventures is an entity within Stanley Black & Decker that is responsible for finding, analyzing and investing in early stage, innovative businesses that have a strategic relevance to SBD businesses. The goal of these investments is to bring disruptive, innovative technologies to SBD from the outside.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Investment Analyst will be responsible for a variety of tasks and projects including marketing the Stanley ventures name, both internal and external communications, research on companies that Stanley ventures is considering investing in and supporting 5 investment managers.
- Evangelize the Stanley Ventures brand making it a well-known brand in the venture capital world
- Take part in industry & VC events for both evangelizing and finding new opportunities
- Perform market research on general economic trends, individual startups, or entire industries
- Stay on top of industry trends and relevant literature. Take note of shifting narratives or key topics
- Research and analyze potential targets, the markets they serve and their competition
- Make informed suggestions by analyzing financial information to forecast business and industry conditions
- Actively search for new technologies applicable to Stanley SBUs, determine where such technology would enhance Stanley’s position in the market
- Create reports and presentations of research and present findings to leadership teams
- Assist in the preparation of Due Diligence documents and presentation to legal team
- Provide information to help determine a startup’s position in the marketplace
- Evaluate and compare quality of an investment to other options
- Help interpret data affecting investment
- Assist with deal process; contract management, due diligence, calculating financials
- Maintain the Stanley Ventures website and social media presence
- Supports the target and SBD business management teams
- Provide updates on performance or development of investments.
- Gather data for BOD presentation or quarterly reports
If you are interested in an opportunity to be a critical force for innovation and change, we would like to hear from you.
- College Degree in Business, Finance or related discipline.
- MBA is a plus
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in Corporate Venture Capital, Investment management or M&A, Business Consulting, High Tech R&D, Corporate Strategy
- 2+ years’ experience in marketing analysis
- 2+ years’ experience in working with technology businesses
- Proficient in Power Point and Excel
- Must be a research expert. Able to find information where nothing exists today.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate with industry experts
- Ability to build top rated presentations and write press releases
- Able to work alone or in small groups
- Able to network and build interpersonal connections
- Comfortable performing, understanding, and applying financial models
- Experienced manager of multi projects and complex environments
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to comfortably interact at all levels from C-level and senior executives to lower level team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and share ideas
- Detail oriented, especially with regards to due diligence
- Both critical and creative thinking skills important
If interested, please apply here.