The range of activities for this role is wide and includes:
- Market research and due diligence on potential investments including financial modeling and competitive analysis.
- Proactively searching for top investment opportunities, including discovering and meeting entrepreneurs who have founded businesses in which Round13 may be interested in investing.
- Ongoing work with our portfolio companies, including financial analysis, research reports and board meeting attendance.
- Investor reporting including: the collection of data, creation of reports, valuation analyses and written communications.
- Execution of independent projects offering value to Round13 or its investees.
Desired Skills and Experience
Your background should prove strong financial literacy skills and an understanding of key economic and technology trends. We are open-minded and would consider candidates with undergraduate or post-graduate degrees in engineering or business, as well as candidates without degrees.
All applicants must have at least two years of full-time, relevant work experience. Specific experience may be in R&D, product management, strategy, finance, sales and marketing or new business development. Candidates may be entrepreneurs or employed in the technology, consulting, small business or investment industries; and should possess the following characteristics:
- Passionate about technology and its impact on the world. You have an insatiable interest in new applications, trends and breaking developments.
- Street smart, with the right balance of optimism and common sense. You are practical and focus on tangible results.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You are able to connect with entrepreneurs and investors on behalf of R13 and are keen to immerse yourself in Canada’s venture and entrepreneurial ecosystems.
- Independent, with limited need for supervision and self-driven to get tasks done. We are a small team and can’t do much “handholding”.
- Effective written and oral communication skills. This means knowing how to write professionally and speak persuasively.
- Strong organizational skills. You will need to juggle many projects and will be working with the entire investment team.
- Financial literacy and spreadsheet skills are necessary. More importantly, you should understand how to take raw data, create financial models and convert data into actionable insights.
We believe that culture is a key ingredient in building a strong company. At Round13, we have an inclusive and merit-based work environment. The firm’s core values are that we are honorable, insightful, determined and opportunistic. The investment team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds, including: operations (two former CEOs and a COO), investment banking (corporate finance and M&A), management consulting, private equity, and sales and marketing.
If interested, please apply here.