Razor’s Edge (www.razorsvc.com), a multi-stage venture capital firm that invests in high-growth technology companies operating at the intersection of the national security sector and commercial enterprise markets, is hiring an Analyst. Analysts join our firm for up to a two-year period, where they work alongside the investment team and closely support the firm’s partners both on current portfolio management and new investments. The candidate will gain exposure to the Razor’s Edge network of startup and growth companies, and insight into the firm’s investment decision process and broad operating experience. The intent behind the two-year rotational structure of the program is to enable participants to soak up as much as possible at Razor’s Edge, then empower the participant to navigate on to the next opportunity, either inside or outside of the portfolio.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform industry research and analysis
- Analyze and model potential investment opportunities, and develop written summaries of this work
- Track and report on deal flow
- Meet with entrepreneurs and evaluate their business plans and pitches for recommendation to the investment team
- Monitor existing portfolio investments and support portfolio company leaders on strategic transactions as needed
- Support operational activities such as reporting, quarterly meetings, investor relations and day-to-day logistical requirements
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Strong communication skills and intellectual curiosity
- Superior research and analytical abilities
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other office productivity tools
- Demonstrated ability to take direction, multi-task, pay attention to details, follow through and work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience – ideally in venture capital, private equity, finance, investment banking, engineering or related fields
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university in business, finance, or other areas of study with an exceptionally strong academic track record
If interested, please apply here.