NEA, (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) the largest venture capital firm globally, is looking for a consumer-focused investment analyst. The analyst role is a two-year role based in our Sand Hill Road office. As an Analyst at NEA, you’ll learn what the venture capital business is about and gain insight into many fascinating technology startups.
The ideal candidate would be an energetic, extroverted individual who is naturally passionate and curious about the newest consumer startups. Are you addicted to Snapchat and Houseparty? As soon as you hear about a new startup, do you check out its product and discuss it with your friends? If so, this is the perfect role for you.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Performing market research and due diligence, which could entail financial or web-analytics modeling, or testing products and services
- Meeting with entrepreneurs who have started businesses in which NEA may be interested in investing
- Working with NEA portfolio companies, including research projects, competitor analysis, and attending board meetings
- Leading sourcing meetings to coordinate the junior consumer team’s sourcing and collaboration
- Designing and executing projects of your own direction that help NEA and/or our portfolio companies
This role is designed for candidates ranging from soon-to-be college graduates to candidates with 1-2 years of work experience. We’re looking for someone with a strong passion for web and mobile services, a strong drive and the ability to self-direct, strong written and oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills. Ideal candidate will be comfortable in a relatively unstructured office environment, and will soon be, or has recently, graduated from a top school.
Please send resumes and questions to SSykes@NEA.com with the subject “NEA Analyst Application.”