Jungle Ventures is Singapore’s preeminent entrepreneur-backed Venture Capital firm that funds and helps build technology category leaders across Asia Pacific. Jungle invests across all early stages of startups focused on Series A and B; and has 20+ investments in category leaders across Singapore, India, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and other hotbeds of entrepreneurial activity in Asia. Having been active investors in the region since 2012, Jungle has also seen many exits wherein we have exited our investments to marquee acquirers such as Twitter, Rakuten and Expedia etc.
More information about us and our portfolio is available here: http://www.jungle-ventures.com
You will primarily screen and evaluate new investment opportunities across South East Asia / India in the B2B space and help build and refine Jungle’s investment thesis across sectors. Jungle has been a market leader in this space with investments in disruptive companies such as TookiTaki, Saltmine, Deskera, Moglix, Engineer.AI amongst others. You will also be involved in supporting detailed diligence of investment opportunities and creating documentation for internal investment decisions. You will also be involved in supporting portfolio management, portfolio performance tracking, and assisting the investment team with investment research.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to continue to grow and take on more responsibility with the firm or graduate after 2-3 years to a key business role at a start-up.
The successful candidate for this role will have:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Business/ Finance/ Economics/ Engineering from a top tier undergraduate school. A Master’s or an MBA degree is advantageous.
· A minimum of 18 months of experience, and a maximum of 4 years of experience.
Prior experience at top tier firms in:
· Analytical fields such as consulting, transaction advisory or investment banking or Venture Capital, B2B Corporate Venture, Private Equity investments; or
· Senior business, strategy or finance roles at leading startups and internet companies.
· Interest and experience in the B2B/Enterprise Tech space.
· Exposure to the US market is a plus for this role.
· Familiarity with South East Asia / India and having worked in the region is a plus for this position; and so is the prior exposure to technology companies and startups.
· Existing network of or familiarity with startups, founders, investors and prior experience at a VC or a growth stage PE firm in India / South East Asia will be strongly preferred.
· Excellent analytical, written, oral communication skills, research experience and detail orientation – the ability and prior experience to analyze investment opportunities, form and present investment thesis in the form of investment recommendation documents is a requirement for this role.
· Willingness to work in a fast paced and high-pressure environment, an entrepreneurial mind set and being able to own and work on multiple work-streams simultaneously.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and candidates who do not meet the above listed work experience duration or types will not be considered.
Compensation will be in line with the industry and commensurate to duration and quality of relevant experience. This role is based in Singapore.
If interested, please apply here.