Health Velocity Capital is a next-generation, venture capital and growth-stage investment firm investing in growing and innovative healthcare software and services companies. The mission of Health Velocity is to generate outstanding financial returns while being the preferred innovation partner of entrepreneurs and investors working toward the common goal of a customer friendly, affordable, and sustainable healthcare system. Health Velocity has offices in San Francisco, CA and Nashville, TN.
Health Velocity Capital is led by Marty Felsenthal, Bruce Crosby, and Saurabh Bhansali. The firm’s partners have more than 60 collective years as investors, entrepreneurs, and senior executives helping to build innovative companies that created important new healthcare markets and/or that became market leaders, including in areas such as telemedicine (Teladoc – NYSE: TDOC and MDLive), Medicare Advantage (Bravo Health acquired by HealthSpring), hospice (Compassus acquired by Formation Capital), palliative care (Aspire acquired by Anthem), human capital management software (OnShift recapitalized by Clearlake Capital), specialty biologic cost containment (Infusion Express and Novologix acquired by CVS Health), treatment for substance use disorder (Spero Health), technology-enabled, home-based care (Contessa), digital pathology (Aperio acquired by Danaher), chronic care management and wellness (Livongo, Omada, and Healthways, now Tivity Health – NASDAQ: TVTY), revenue cycle management (Payerpath acquired by Allscripts), integrated behavioral health (Vericare acquired by MedOptions), dialysis (US Renal Care acquired by Leonard Green), social determinants of health (Circulation Health acquired by Logisticare), and many others.
Health Velocity Capital invests on behalf of traditional institutional investors – including endowments, pension plans, and fund-of-funds – and also invests on behalf of some of the nation’s largest and most influential healthcare organizations and, in some cases, their senior executives. Collectively, our investor network represents organizations that provide insurance to more than 140 million Americans, sell software and technology into every major health system in the US, provide pharmacy and PBM services to more than 75% of all Americans, and operate almost 300 hospitals.
Health Velocity Capital has more than $200 million in assets under management.
Health Velocity Capital is seeking a pre-MBA Analyst for its Nashville office. The Analyst will work closely with Health Velocity Capital’s Senior Associates.
- Develop clear understanding of an ideal Health Velocity Capital investment opportunity
- Research and screen potential investment opportunities, ideas, and technologies
- Refine existing database to track and monitor sourcing activities
- Perform financial analyses and prepare due diligence materials on prospective investments
- Conduct financial analysis to assess the company’s financials and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Assist Sr. Associates with the development of financial projections and returns models
- Analyze market size, competitive landscape and market segments
- Prepare for and participate in diligence calls
- Develop in partnership with Senior Associates investment memorandums for Health Velocity Capital’s commitment committee and limited partners
- Prepare for, participate in and document “pitch” meetings with management teams of companies seeking investment
- Assist with valuations on Health Velocity Capital’s portfolio of companies each quarter
- Maintain comparable exit multiples database
- Perform market research on Health Velocity Capital’s targeted investment themes as well as develop market landscapes and lists of innovative companies to be contacted
- Assist with day-to-day administrative tasks and the development of internal processes (Sr. Associates and all Partners perform as well)
- Log deals into CRM database
- Maintain existing databases with market and company intelligence
- Assist Senior Associates in creating reports for strategic limited partners
- Update firm’s website with news and information each month
- College graduate with up to 2 years of work experience in finance, investment banking, management consulting, private equity, corporate development, or equity research
- If no prior full-time work experience, college graduates with strong quantitative and analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills are desired
- Candidates should be very detail oriented, strong researchers, enjoy finance, demonstrated ability to work hard, intelligent and curious
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) skills
- Analytic and quantitative skills needed to review financial and market projections, balance sheets, and operating plans of potential and existing investments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in the healthcare industry
- Record of strong academic performance with undergraduate degree in business (preferably finance), economics, or engineering from leading university
- Creative, self-starter
Duration of Role
The Analyst position is intended as a pre-MBA two-year role. Excellent performers may have the option to extend beyond the program’s duration.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume and a brief paragraph on your relevant prior work experience and reasons for interest in the position.