Greenspring Associates is growing! We are looking to hire Analysts to join our investment team to help us find, analyze and make investments across our venture investment platform. This is a great “first job” in venture capital, providing the opportunity to learn about and get exposure to the venture capital business in all its forms.
Greenspring Associates, a venture capital platform with $6.2B under management, invests in established and emerging venture capital fund managers, in expansion stage venture-backed companies and in secondary investments in venture capital funds and companies. Originally founded in 2000, the Firm now has over 50 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland and Palo Alto, California.
Notable investments include Accel, Benchmark, Founders Fund, and NEA, as well as Chewy.com, ExactTarget, DocuSign, Scopely and Mulesoft.
- As a core member of our tight-knit investment team, you will take part in the full spectrum of venture capital investing
- Assist with the sourcing and evaluation of potential venture, expansion stage start-up and secondary investment opportunities, and make recommendations to the Partnership
- Monitor a sub-set of the existing Greenspring fund and company portfolio, reporting to the investment team on progress and projections, and preparing quarterly reports for our investors
- Perform broad scale industry research and analysis to learn about and understand industry landscapes within our focus areas, and advise the broader investment team accordingly
- Your opinion will be highly valued and your initiative to dive into white spaces and help the entire GA partnership learn about new industry focus areas will be welcomed.
- Participating in the planning and execution of the Firm’s Annual Meeting in Deer Valley, Utah.
- 0-2 years working in venture capital, private equity, finance, engineering, start-up operations or similar industry preferred, but not necessary
- A true passion for the venture capital industry
- Hard working self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who excels with little direction
- People-first, with a personable and humble demeanor interested in supporting others
- Hungry to learn new things, and driven to turn over the rocks within the industry to identify great investment opportunities
- Naturally analytical mindset
- An executive presence with the confidence to state your opinion and advocate for it
- Growth mindset and ability to project into the future to consider new technologies and how they may or may not be adopted by consumers and businesses
- Proficiency with Excel
- Familiarity with CRM solutions, Salesforce preferred
Greenspring Associates, Inc. salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, STD/LTD, Life Insurance)
- 401K with company match
- Personal Time off
- Daily lunch provided, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
If interested, please apply here.